15 Years of Madness

masterwig

This club is silly.

Things happen to us that nobody could possibly have envisaged. We cock up when it seems we have it all under control. We can get lower when it seems we have hit rock bottom. Yet conversely we sometimes surprise ourselves with a moment of joy which hits you between the eyes from nowhere.

We've been down, up, down and up again. Someone should write a book about what has happened, it's been quite a story.

What are your best and worst memories of the last 15 years? What one moment do you think has summed the madness up best?

relegation against liverpool in 96
dickov 99
blackburn 01
kk's season
newcastle away in the FA cup when we knew we were able to compete with the big boys
leaving maine road
3 Quater final exits in 3 years (West Ham, Blackburn, Spurs)
leaving boro away after an 8-1 thrashing in a state of uncontrolled laughter

too many tbh

Stoke away for me, the season both teams dropped into Div 2.

The euphoria of battering the shit out of them in their own backyard, seeing blues celebrating in every side of the ground when we scored, feeling fooking gutted after the game when we realised we were down and knowing Kinky was more than likely on his way, and then having to deal with dipshit Stoke fans chucking everything they could get their hoofs on while trying to get back to the car.

A mad mad day, ended up with me fooking arseholed in commiseration. Sums City up perfectly for me.

masterwig said:
This club is silly.

Things happen to us that nobody could possibly have envisaged. We cock up when it seems we have it all under control. We can get lower when it seems we have hit rock bottom. Yet conversely we sometimes surprise ourselves with a moment of joy which hits you between the eyes from nowhere.

We've been down, up, down and up again. Someone should write a book about what has happened, it's been quite a story.

What are your best and worst memories of the last 15 years? What one moment do you think has summed the madness up best?

The one game which summed up the madness for me was the 5-2 thrashing of Stoke when we still went down.

The one moment would be Jamie Pollock's headed own goal v QPR the game before.

Watchin us draw 0-0 at Oxford a few years ago, and pissin my sides at 3 city fans on the roof of a house lookin over the uncovered shit hole of a stand we were to watch the game.

When the woman who's house it was came out and told them to get down, she was swiftly told to "fuck off and put a brew on coz its fuckin freezin up here"

highs are the obvious ones
2-1 at utd, wembley and blackburn, and that amazing night at white hart lane.

lows
going to lincoln and losing 4-1 after taking the lead in the 1st minute, and it could have been eight

losing 2-1 at york, thinking we are never coming back

bury at home, when the fan snapped and ran on the pitch and chucked his season ticket

west ham cup quarter final, i wanted to kill sun jihai that night.

stuart pearce and his entertaining brand of attacking football at home. 9 months without scoring a league goal at the south stand end, takes some doing.

the best club in the world

At Blackburn when we went up.Using a burger van to climb over the fence at Ewood and then being let right onto the pitch side to watch the end of the game!!! Or the pitch invasion at Maine Road the week before,pure class!!

Low point? Fucking beany the teddy!!!!!!!

Coming back on the train from Stoke after getting relegated to Div 2 and the announcement came over the tannoy "Next stop Macclesfield"

It could only happen to us !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.