15 Years of Madness

Trigger said:
Moment of madness.... David James playing as a forward when we have a £5m forward ((Macken) still on the bench !!!!!!!! aaarrrghh
That game sums up City for me, knockin on Europe's door, Fowler missing a penalty so David James goes up front and starts cropping people. Love it

We wouldnt swap it for anything.

Supporting City is character building, its made me the woman I am today.

I wouldnt swap the last 15 years for anything, its going to make the next glorious 15 all the sweeter

i think this video does it for me:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Qt94vNqrY&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Qt94vN ... re=related</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8R8qY8jGa8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8R8qY8jGa8</a>

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Only fifteen! 1955 to present make 54 years, most of them either mad, worse, or even bizarre. Read the book 'Cups for Cock Ups' - sez it all! But I'm looking forward to the next 54 years. City, city best team in the land and all the world!

Well I said 15 because I only have any real memory of that time (I'm 20) and it goes back to when Franny Lee took over.

Since then we have had several owners, hundreds of players, thousands of managers and been relegated 3 times and promoted 3 times.

We've been relegated after wasting time when we needed to score to stay up. We've won 5-2 and gone down. We've lost to York, Mansfield and Lincoln. Seen the talent of Kinkladze and the cult hero the Goat. We beat Spurs away 3-4 after being 3-0 down and down to ten men having earlier lost our star striker to injury and been on a terrible run of form. We were within seconds of being stuck in Division 2 for at least another season when Dickov popped up to score the most glorious goal of all time. We lost to a team who didn't have a single shot on target. We scored a record number of goals in a season. We didn't score at home after New Year's Day. We've been thrashed by the rags but thrashed them back a few times too. We won at the swamp. We got a very successful manager then sacked him after one season. We got to within a penalty of Europe only to miss. We got knocked out of the FA Cup by a balloon. We left Maine Road but in typical style lost our last game there. Stuart Pearce missed a penalty that would have given him 100 career goals even though the keeper had told him which way to go. We get knocked out of the cups by lower league teams every year. We've got Robinho.

Fuck me this club is brilliant. I know every fan probably thinks their club is special but we really are something else. Reading back through that has brought a tear to my eye. So much happens, it's never dull and it fucks with your head but I love it. We love it

The best team in the land and all the world.

Alan Ball and his priceless 'keep it in the corner'.

Or is that more than 15 years ago? Everything with City seems like a lifetime ago

masterwig said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Only fifteen! 1955 to present make 54 years, most of them either mad, worse, or even bizarre. Read the book 'Cups for Cock Ups' - sez it all! But I'm looking forward to the next 54 years. City, city best team in the land and all the world!

Well I said 15 because I only have any real memory of that time (I'm 20) and it goes back to when Franny Lee took over.

Since then we have had several owners, hundreds of players, thousands of managers and been relegated 3 times and promoted 3 times.

We've been relegated after wasting time when we needed to score to stay up. We've won 5-2 and gone down. We've lost to York, Mansfield and Lincoln. Seen the talent of Kinkladze and the cult hero the Goat. We beat Spurs away 3-4 after being 3-0 down and down to ten men having earlier lost our star striker to injury and been on a terrible run of form. We were within seconds of being stuck in Division 2 for at least another season when Dickov popped up to score the most glorious goal of all time. We lost to a team who didn't have a single shot on target. We scored a record number of goals in a season. We didn't score at home after New Year's Day. We've been thrashed by the rags but thrashed them back a few times too. We won at the swamp. We got a very successful manager then sacked him after one season. We got to within a penalty of Europe only to miss. We got knocked out of the FA Cup by a balloon. We left Maine Road but in typical style lost our last game there. Stuart Pearce missed a penalty that would have given him 100 career goals even though the keeper had told him which way to go. We get knocked out of the cups by lower league teams every year. We've got Robinho.

Fuck me this club is brilliant. I know every fan probably thinks their club is special but we really are something else. Reading back through that has brought a tear to my eye. So much happens, it's never dull and it fucks with your head but I love it. We love it

The best team in the land and all the world.

I like your style masterwig! Truly, only at City could all that bloody nonsense happen, and yet here we all are, big daft bloody grins on our faces, waiting to see what happens next in the barmy world of Manchester City Football Club!

City til I Die (and if the next 15 years are anything like the last 15, that may well be sooner than I would like)!!!

wembley getting 10 of us into wembley off about 4 tickets! blackburn invading the pitch! Keegans div 1 season with ali b and berkovic running the midfield! rags - every time weve beat them and especially the 2-1! spuds 4-3! villa away in cup with richards equaliser! every trip to europe!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.