17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Reputations and legacies are often as much about narratives and media driven storylines than cold hard statistics and trophy counts.

This return has been so built up by the media as vital for the title race, the stage is set in such a way that if he stays fit and propels us the 4th title in a row, it’ll be the crowning moment of his career and cement his legacy as the best midfielder of his generation, and in PL history.

Agree. All that's left for him now is to finish writing his legacy. Feels like his profile is higher than ever at the moment. I've never ever seen such an outpouring of admiration for KDB online than I have tonight from fans of every club. He's truly ascended into all time superstar territory.

It's not even that he has greater skills than others in the team. It's a skilful team. The most skilful in the world. But the real thing that sets him apart is that he has a footballing intelligence that is luminous. His goal: he had seen all match long that others were hammering it, and it was being blocked by this, that and the other player in black and white, or it was being whacked on target but too centrally, and the keeper was dealing with it without too much fuss (the less said about shots that don't fall into either of those categories, the better…). So he chose his moment, and passed it between the legs of the defender and into the corner, knowing that the keeper would be unsighted and see it too late.
By the way, Kyle can't really overlap more than about once, or twice at the most in a game, now. He can't do it and get back. He knows it. Kev took over that role with relish as soon as he was on.

The Ginger Prince's assist bypassed EIGHT players to reach Bobb for the winner.

v63gjVo.gif

Pisses all over Zidane. He's in the top 3 premier league players (my age means that's my main reference) and he's been consistently the best player in the world for 5 seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.