18 | Stefan Ortega - 2023/24

What a player! Love Ederson but in that 1 v 1 situation there I’d take Stefan over him every single time.

With two top class keepers it’s impossible to satisfy both. He’s too good to be a backup but I wonder if guaranteed starts in all cups and champions league would be enough to make him stay.

I would offer him...
  • 25% of PL games
  • 50-50 share with Eddie in the new CL format (likely min 7 games each)
  • Share the FA cup games
  • Ortega plays Carabao

I would offer him...
  • 25% of PL games
  • 50-50 share with Eddie in the new CL format (likely min 7 games each)
  • Share the FA cup games
  • Ortega plays Carabao

Why?

At the end of the day, we signed him for a free, took him out of the German second division and put him in the biggest games in the world. A 30 year old guy who’d barely seen top flight football has had the chance to win trophies and he repaid that.

Both parties have done very well out of this signing.

If he wants to leave, that’s OK, we’ll get £25m or so and everyone’s done amazingly out of the deal.

If he wants to stay, that’s great as well, he’s the best backup in the world and he’s raised Ederson’s game too.

There’s no need to bend over backwards and make up silly rules. Pep already gives his second choice keepers the cups INCLUDING FINALS which is more than anyone else does.

That kind of performance is going to make harder for us to keep him, other team will see this and they will move heaven and earth to sign him as their new first choice GK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.