19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

I agree.

Alvarez joined City direct from playing for River Plate since Feb 2022 without a break and had a World Cup finals at the end of that year in which he was a revelation for Argentina. From Feb 2022 when his season started with River and ending with City and the Champion league final he played in 89 matches either for River, City or Argentina!

I was happy along with many City fans with his performances last season. I actually believe he has shown improvement as a player. His first touch is better, his passing his better, his tackling is better and he has become a brilliant free kick taker and corner taker. His workrate is very high for our team. He is a better all round player and he is still a very reliable goal scorer.

What is there to complain about?
Noone is complaining about him as a player just how he is being utilised to the detriment of the team.

I agree.

Alvarez joined City direct from playing for River Plate since Feb 2022 without a break and had a World Cup finals at the end of that year in which he was a revelation for Argentina. From Feb 2022 when his season started with River and ending with City and the Champion league final he played in 89 matches either for River, City or Argentina!

I was happy along with many City fans with his performances last season. I actually believe he has shown improvement as a player. His first touch is better, his passing is better, his tackling is better and he has become a brilliant free kick taker and corner taker. His workrate is very high for our team. He is a better all round player and he is still a very reliable goal scorer.

Couldn’t have said it better, we are lucky to have him!

I agree.

I was happy along with many City fans with his performances last season. I actually believe he has shown improvement as a player. His first touch is better, his passing his better, his tackling is better and he has become a brilliant free kick taker and corner taker. His workrate is very high for our team. He is a better all round player and he is still a very reliable goal scorer.

Pep playing him in the midfield versus any team with competent attacking players...

Noone is complaining about him as a player just how he is being utilised to the detriment of the team.
Ok, my bad.

I realise fans would mainly prefer Foden, Bernardo centrally and I can see very good reasons for that, since De Bruyne being back leaves only one other place. I believe the issue is the right sided forward position. Mahrez played there last season mainly and left, Palmer could have filled that void and left and Doku I assume was bought to fill that right sided forward role, but has disappointed on the right and now mainly plays on the left. I think Pep is struggling to know who is best placed on the right and out of all the options Phil fulfills that best.

Personally I would play Haaland and Alvarez as a 2 up front and have an attacking midfield 3 of any 4 from Foden, Bernardo, Grealish, Nunes and De Bruyne.

I can only speak for myself when I say he has ZERO business playing as a midfielder over Phil.

Phil has paid his dues and continues to play second fiddle to lesser players.

I have a question for Blue Moon: if Alvarez was an academy prospect, do you think he'd still be consistently starting centrally over Phil if the latter was purchased for a fee? I damn sure don't.
Not this shit again , wish you would stop saying it , ridiculous

He’s just being played out of position.
Right now he deserves to play up front if haaland off it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.