1976 League Cup Final Pictures

I was there, amazing day. Remember the geordies dressed up as pandas. Very friendly final. Dennis is and always be the king of all geordies.
A lot of arrests in Central London mind..sure there's some news footage somewhere - My old man went and said it got a bit tasty in places

Went to the game with my Dad & my Brother, I remember dad getting really anoyed with Dennis Tueart after the game for wearing a Newcastle shirt & saying how great there fans were without mentioning the city fans,
He must have written to city because he got a letter back from the club with an apology from Dennis & as a family we were featured in one of the programs later that season?
Dennis’ brother lives round the corner from me. Says at FT Dennis (who was Newcastle daft and was released by Newcastle as a youngster and twice thought he’d agreed to join us after City and then when he was in the USA) sought him and his mates out in the crowd and gave them a wave. There’s a photo of Dennis in a Newcastle shirt with the cup and SuperMac. Don’t think Dennis had anything to apologise for.

He loved Newcastle; won the FA Cup with Sunderland and scored the winner against us in the League Cup Final. Real pity he never got to play for us.

Dennis’ brother lives round the corner from me. Says at FT Dennis (who was Newcastle daft and was released by Newcastle as a youngster and twice thought he’d agreed to join us after City and then when he was in the USA) sought him and his mates out in the crowd and gave them a wave. There’s a photo of Dennis in a Newcastle shirt with the cup and SuperMac. Don’t think Dennis had anything to apologise for.

He loved Newcastle; won the FA Cup with Sunderland and scored the winner against us in the League Cup Final. Real pity he never got to play for us.
I think that was the game that gave us the old joke ..what is taken to Wembley and never gets used and the answer being Malcolm Macdonald.

Might have mentioned this previously but I always found it odd that we had Adidas hoodies even though we had Umbro kits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.