2 More Banned From CoMS!!!!

Corky said:
Did they have sex in the stand or expose themselves?

I doubt this story is true.

I'm only being told what i was told, they are both genuine nice people who have been banned, i can't see why though, unless something happened which they haven't told us about which there covering which i doubt as they aren't that sort of people to kick off, and especially over something as little as that

Heard on good authority that the club intend to ban half the ground to allow the rumoured expansion. :P

Seriously though, they did the wrong thing being confrontational. If I had a warning, I'd apologise and leave it be. Sound like the woman is a bit of a hysteric and her fella has not just had a quiet word.

She should have taken a mental note of the number on his jacket and made a complaint via another head steward if she had an issue with the way she was spoken to.

jesus christ. hat happened about innocent until proven guilty?

its like a trial in absentia with the football club refusing to listen to any of the defense of loyal fans.

ridiculous.

On pretty much the same topic (for those who are interested) I'll tell you of my experience and outcome of some very heavy handed stewarding at that Icon/Temple of fan friendly arenas commonly known as Anfield

Last year I obtained (legitimatly) tickets for the CL KO game against Inter by virtue of being a member of Inter club London

I turned up and entered the ground a good 45 mins before KO

On approaching and trying to enter the aisle/tunnel to the section printed on my seat I was stopped and told "Yer not goin' in their pal,its already full". I showed them my ticket and got the same reply with a few expletives.I once again very politeley pointed out that my seat was in that area and I wanted to sit in it and it was their duty to remove whoever was in my seat.

At this point one of them said "Listen mate, either you head up to the end aisle in the corner or you ain't gonna see the fkn game at all...know what I mean mate"

I then accepted this statement for what it was (a threat to eject me for no good reason) and proceeded to a place on the Anny Road which many on here will be familiar with.This being on the bottom tier in the top RH corner which offers a lousy view.

I did however take the numbers of the stewards.I then wrote to Rick Parry and the stadium manager direct.Marking the letters private and confidential ,addresee only AND recorded delivery.Therefore the letters cant by law go anywhere else apart from the name on the letter.Amongst other things I made the point that given Liverpool's "involvement" in several tragic crowd related incidents in the past, that Anfield should be the ONE stadium where you are allowed to sit where your ticket states

Also in the letter i told them of my treatment and disgust at my treatment,the stewards numbers and finally that i had been in touch with "a well known red top tabloid" who were "very interested" in my story and the outcome of my complaint.

It took a week to recieve an apology from Rick Parry coupled with an offer of two free tickets for any game at Anfield this season.....

Moral(s) of the story...take note of stewards numbers,always complain by letter and always use the power of the tabloid press to your advantage..

Some of the stuards are c0cks at the ground. I sit behind on the the entrances into the stadium and I've seen themn be funny with alot of people.

Its the old bullied at school sindrome. Bullied at school so they get a job like policeman, steward, referee. Something with power to make them feel in control

brenda said:
NOT TELLING TRUTH
This story is actually very true....I know the people concerned as I sat with their Son and Grandson at the same game. I did not see the incident but heard it concerned the "blue square" area. They have been told to not even contact the Club so how can they appeal it ?
These people are lovely, genuine passionate fans who go to most away games too...and are also OSC members so hopefully, the OSC will get involved.

felixbg said:
hmmph ... get trig on the case ;-)

Firstly, please PM with which game and which aisle and I will try and get more details on why and if they have been banned for what they are reporting.

I must say that you are right in what you state in that people are not allowed to stand in the dark blue square and there are signs posted stating this, two reasons tv cameras are not to pick up people drinking in view of them, but more importantly it is for safely allowing people to enter and exit aisles before during and after the game.

As for standing on the stairs the ignorance of some people is quite unbelievable when they just stand blocking the view of a fellow fan who has paid for his ticket, you would not believe how many complaints we do get and would get if we allowed them just to stand there, would you be happy if they blocked your view?

We are not jobsworths (in the main!) we are employees of the club and I suggest that if you have a problem any problem you get the stewards number (displayed on the breast of their coat) and report them to Peter Fletcher Head of Stadium Safety, who will deal with it. You would be surprised at the number of cameras situated in the stands and on the concourse, and stewards are also constantly monitored. In our debriefs we have to complete incident cards on all issues and sign so there will be a record of this and as we are expected to deal with incidents in two's there will be a witness to what actually happened.

We are there as crowd safety stewards so if you are doing something wrong then yes you will be advised of this but should always be asked courteously first of all, I am not saying that they are not quite telling the truth but we are trained and have to pass NVQ grade 2 in crowd safety, we are not all people who need authority. I infact became a steward when the credit crunch hit, I am a member of the "Blues in Bandit Country" supporters club and have been a season ticket holder for 15 years or more, but rather than stop going thought I would still see some of the game as well as soak up the atmosphere.

Surprisingly enough I dont come on here with threads about getting abused verbally at some games by our own fans or getting in the way of of fighting fans without being allowed to fight back! or when you get covered in spit when just doing my job.

As I have said if anybody has any questions please PM me I will do my best to try and see If I can help, I have already helped a couple of people and in the process of trying to help a few more.

Thanks for your time and I am sorry for the length of this post.

Trig you don't have to explaine yourself. I for one am a little sceptical on all these stories coming out and think the (in the main!) the stewards actually do a good job!

Ps, glad you got back from Wigan ok ;-)

There clearly is a major problem with the stewarding at Coms, it may only be a couple of stewards involved but it is a major issue when loyal fans are being banned for no reason. My mate is still banned indefinitely for smoking (outright lie by showsec guy) and has missed the last 4 home games. He has arranged tests at a hospital to prove he has never smoked but whatever happened till innocent until proven guilty. He will eventually win his case when a solicitors letter hits Citys desk but City will probably say it's a case of mistaken identity and try to sweep it under the carpet. That is total bs as it was at the Twente game and the place wasn't exactly packed.
He will probably miss most of this season and after the way he has been treated he isn't sure he wants to come back when the club eventually has to admit their mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.