20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. I suppose you are probably right. But it strikes me as a Stated vs Real reason scenario. Yes his bird prefers Madrid or Paris, and he'll find those places more palatable.

But deep down I think if he had Kev's position at the club or even Phil's, this won't be an issue.

I think he is a nice guy and was looking for a soft out whereas Laporte and Gabby are less so. Also unlike them, he was getting good playing time.

Gabby and Laporte had legitimate, 'i don't want to be a bench warmer" claims while Berny didn't. As minutes wise he got as much as anyone. But it's the type of minutes and the role that was probably key to his displeasure. Berny accumulates minutes because he doesn't get injured, and he can play every position in the front 6. But this should not be confused for getting the key minutes in key games playing a key role

His is a subtler point and it's hard to make it without seeming ungrateful. And we know he isn't that type of guy. So he can't just throw that kinds tantrum.

Neeways, all conjecture on my part. It's how I felt about how he was used the last couple years. So it won't surprise me if he felt the same.
I disagree with some of your points, but I appreciate you putting your opinion out there Dax.

Fair enough. I suppose you are probably right. But it strikes me as a Stated vs Real reason scenario. Yes his bird prefers Madrid or Paris, and he'll find those places more palatable.

But deep down I think if he had Kev's position at the club or even Phil's, this won't be an issue.

I think he is a nice guy and was looking for a soft out whereas Laporte and Gabby are less so. Also unlike them, he was getting good playing time.

Gabby and Laporte had legitimate, 'i don't want to be a bench warmer" claims while Berny didn't. As minutes wise he got as much as anyone. But it's the type of minutes and the role that was probably key to his displeasure. Berny accumulates minutes because he doesn't get injured, and he can play every position in the front 6. But this should not be confused for getting the key minutes in key games playing a key role

His is a subtler point and it's hard to make it without seeming ungrateful. And we know he isn't that type of guy. So he can't just throw that kinds tantrum.

Neeways, all conjecture on my part. It's how I felt about how he was used the last couple years. So it won't surprise me if he felt the same.
I agree,as ive stated.

The homesickness is probably real but the fact he is the go to fallguy where Pep is concerned cannot be helping his thinking.Its very obvious he responds much better when he feels the love.

I'm absolutely certain it's about personal ambition and not lifestyle. The whole lifestyle claim is a bit of a farce. Sure he prefers ( insert whatever sunnier enclave here). But what he truly wants is to be a key player. First name on the team sheet.

He wants the kind of respect currently afforded to Kev, Phil and Jack. Funny enough, he's been every bit as good as Jack or better, but I bet you when when Phil or Kev gets healthy it's Berny who's most likely to get yanked.

And that's why he wants to leave. Can't blame him. Can't blame us. It just panned outt that way. :(
How many appearances last season?

Let's show Bernardo our appreciation for him as much as we can at the games.
He's an incredibly popular person, to have around.

(Perhaps he could have got his move if Spanish club's have not had their finances so badly effected by Covid?)

Whatever is making him unsettled, it won't do any harm giving him an extra 'feel good boost' by showing him how much he is still loved by us fans!

How many appearances last season?

He played almost 3,200 minutes last season. His time on the bench seemed a little more frequent towards the end of the season as we had so many players competing for places?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.