20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

He played almost 3,200 minutes last season. His time on the bench seemed a little more frequent towards the end of the season as we had so many players competing for places?
A lot of the games he was on the bench for were the mass rotation games. He was definitely in the first choice XI.

He played almost 3,200 minutes last season. His time on the bench seemed a little more frequent towards the end of the season as we had so many players competing for places?
Which makes dax and a lot of others posts bollox

Fair enough. I suppose you are probably right. But it strikes me as a Stated vs Real reason scenario. Yes his bird prefers Madrid or Paris, and he'll find those places more palatable.

But deep down I think if he had Kev's position at the club or even Phil's, this won't be an issue.

I think he is a nice guy and was looking for a soft out whereas Laporte and Gabby are less so. Also unlike them, he was getting good playing time.

Gabby and Laporte had legitimate, 'i don't want to be a bench warmer" claims while Berny didn't. As minutes wise he got as much as anyone. But it's the type of minutes and the role that was probably key to his displeasure. Berny accumulates minutes because he doesn't get injured, and he can play every position in the front 6. But this should not be confused for getting the key minutes in key games playing a key role

His is a subtler point and it's hard to make it without seeming ungrateful. And we know he isn't that type of guy. So he can't just throw that kinds tantrum.

Neeways, all conjecture on my part. It's how I felt about how he was used the last couple years. So it won't surprise me if he felt the same.
Hard to know for certain, but your theory is plausible IMO

Dax's argument was not about minutes - I think it was about the way Bernardo was used and shunted around between different positions depending on (in particular) availability of KDB

That's possibly a grievance for Bernardo, although KDB played false-9 to accommodate the rest of our midfielders (including Bernardo) a lot last season too

Dax's argument was not about minutes - I think it was about the way Bernardo was used and shunted around between different positions depending on (in particular) availability of KDB
''What he truly wants is to be a key player, first name on the team sheet''

If being amongst the highest minutes played and starting all cl games inc' the final isn't a 'key player' then i don't know what is.

him staying is a good outcome. end of the day nobody wanted him of those clubs where he wanted to go as per reports. one Milan offer was quoted few days ago but thats a big step back currently, and its often rainy in Milano haha.

''What he truly wants is to be a key player, first name on the team sheet''

If being amongst the highest minutes played and starting all cl games inc' the final isn't a 'key player' then i don't know what is.
Again, it's not just about minutes (at least in my view) - being first on the team sheet means you are not playing a different position every week depending on others' availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.