20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric and Bernie are crucial to us, great players, for me Bernie is better than Mahrez or Sterling and Eric can easily be rotated in the back two of him, JS, and Ruby or part of a three with those, Zinny and Kyle either side

Eric and Bernie are crucial to us, great players, for me Bernie is better than Mahrez or Sterling and Eric can easily be rotated in the back two of him, JS, and Ruby or part of a three with those, Zinny and Kyle either side
Laporte and Dias are our strongest pairing imo. Harsh on John boy but I just think Laporte is better.

Bernado in the team makes all the difference.

Laporte and Dias are our strongest pairing imo. Harsh on John boy but I just think Laporte is better.

I would put John’s defensive ability a little above Laporte but the balance is so much better with a left foot centre half with Dias.

Which makes dax and a lot of others posts bollox
Again, context matters. When players were injured, yes he was in the starting 11. But once everyone got healthy, he was pushed into false 9;or benched more often.

And with the chase and now acquisition of Grealish well.... Let's just hope for the best.

I'm always of the opinion that in the end, you can never have to many talented players. As injury and form will create playing time for most of them.

But like the cool kids like to say: "There are levels to this sh*t" :)

The current evidence does NOT support that claim.

What evidence is that?
The performances of the defense with Dias/Laporte vs the Performance of the defense with Dias/Stones

Nothing we have seen of Dias/Laporte has reached the height of what we saw for a 3 month period with Dias/ Stones.

Folks might like the left foot right foot symmetry more. They might rate John less. And they might rate Eric higher.

But the evidence from actual playing STILL holds that the best pairing we've seen has been Dias and Stones.

This is not a call to reinstate John. Rather it is stating what's true of the last year.

But then again, I could be wrong :)

The performances of the defense with Dias/Laporte vs the Performance of the defense with Dias/Stones

Nothing we have seen of Dias/Laporte has reached the height of what we saw for a 3 month period with Dias/ Stones.

Folks might like the left foot right foot symmetry more. They might rate John less. And they might rate Eric higher.

But the evidence from actual playing STILL holds that the best pairing we've seen has been Dias and Stones.

This is not a call to reinstate John. Rather it is stating what's true of the last year.

But then again, I could be wrong :)
I think Laporte had a bad season last year and looks to be back to his best. I get what you’re saying but I think judge them as a pair now that Laporte is back to his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.