20 | Bernardo Silva - 2023/24

he might be the most protected City player, i dont think any other player gets away with so many subpar performances as him, not even players like KDB which is very weird to me. Even other long serving members of the club who are loved by the fan base get shit on the regular when they don't perform, but not a peep on bernardo. well off it by his standards most of this season

Love him but can’t remember the last time he had a good game. Big goal in the semi-final but other than that he has been woeful for months. He looks fucked. There’s no way, he should be getting picked ahead of Kovacic at the minute.
He is at the moment the biggest squad problem for Pep Guardiol(alongside Walker). Cant easily get rid of him just bcz of his status. Dont get me wrong he is a club legend , but at the moment he create way more problems than solutions. When played in the middle we getting ripped by physical strong opponents , leaves Rodri alone ,lost pace ,lost power in a duel ,Lewis or Kovačić fits way better.
On the other hand its not much better when he plays RW. Lost everything that he had last season , stamina , pace ,pressing , dribbles..

he might be the most protected City player, i dont think any other player gets away with so many subpar performances as him, not even players like KDB which is very weird to me. Even other long serving members of the club who are loved by the fan base get shit on the regular when they don't perform, but not a peep on bernardo. well off it by his standards most of this season
Maybe its our fan base that's been getting better. Showing respect whilst he's still here with us. He has epitomised what the modern club have given us...100% triers first and foremost.

Weird performance, you usually cant get near a jinking and shimmying bernardo but today he looked sluggish doing it and almost lost thr ball multiple times instead of just laying it off. think and hope it was just a sign of tiredness. Also doesnt help movinf positions 3 times a game every game.

Got a well earned rest between our next 2 fixtures so no excuses for wolves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.