2017/18 Checkatrade(EFL) Trophy (15/08 v Rotherham)

One note of caution on that would be should we get through to the 4th round of the League Cup (we enter in the 3rd), it would be played the same week, maybe even same night.
Potentially if our reserves/young lads are playing in the Carabao (League) Cup then it will be our reserve-reserves playing in the Checkatrade. If that makes any sense.
I'm hoping we take the League Cup slightly more seriously this season having gift wrapped it for the fucking rags last time round. Pellers managed the League Cup and the League in the same season so why can't the best coach in the world?
I'll agree the League Cup should take priority over the Checkatrade though. In fact I think it's wrong for academy sides to be in it, but that might not stop me going to Rotherham or Chesterfield as I've never seen City at their new grounds.

More likely the lower league team we play will take 35000 and we will take about 10-15000. We hardly sold our Arsenal semi tickets at a rate of knots, not convinced a final against Grimsby or Plymouth for example is gonna be difficult to get a ticket for
Spot on, those part time twats from coventry took 45,000 for last seasons final. None of them could find the Ricoh Arena if you gave them £20 and a taxi number.

Spot on, those part time twats from coventry took 45,000 for last seasons final. None of them could find the Ricoh Arena if you gave them £20 and a taxi number.
In fairness to Coventry fans they are in dispute with a set of owners they believe to be worse than the Oystons or the Venkys. But yes, the fact that 45,000 turned up does suggest your phrase "part time twats" might be quite apt. Do you forgive any that went because it was approaching the 30th anniversary of them beating Spurs in the FA Cup final?

In fairness to Coventry fans they are in dispute with a set of owners they believe to be worse than the Oystons or the Venkys. But yes, the fact that 45,000 turned up does suggest your phrase "part time twats" might be quite apt. Do you forgive any that went because it was approaching the 30th anniversary of them beating Spurs in the FA Cup final?
Cov fans were boycotting the football club for decades before Sisu showed up. Always had shit crowds.
Town full of rags, red dippers and Villa fans.
A few years back they got the rags in the League Cup and acted like a bunch of non league fans taking 9,000 wearing jester hats and releasing a DVD of their victory.
Hopefully this time next year they will be non league fans.

Cov fans were boycotting the football club for decades before Sisu showed up. Always had shit crowds.
A few years back they got the rags in the League Cup and acted like a bunch of non league fans taking 9,000 wearing jester hats and releasing a DVD of their victory.
I sense a general tone of dislike for the lesser sky blues in your post. After all, many areas of the country can be described as "Town full of rags, red dippers and Villa fans". - Erm, perhaps not Villa fans. The fact that so many support the rags and dippers when their own teams aren't doing well explains why clowns across the land boo Sterling.

I still live in Coventry and you are spot on Phil. Worst fans of any club I've known. Joke of a club.

I sense a general tone of dislike for the lesser sky blues in your post. After all, many areas of the country can be described as "Town full of rags, red dippers and Villa fans". - Erm, perhaps not Villa fans. The fact that so many support the rags and dippers when their own teams aren't doing well explains why clowns across the land boo Sterling.
Sadly my dad moved to cov for a promotion for work Which left my school days being the one City fan at secondary school amongst the few cov fans there and the rest were rags and Leeds fans (I'm talking 74 - 79) and it was 82 before I finally decided to get the hell out of the place and move back to Sale.

Sadly my dad moved to cov for a promotion for work Which left my school days being the one City fan at secondary school amongst the few cov fans there and the rest were rags and Leeds fans (I'm talking 74 - 79) and it was 82 before I finally decided to get the hell out of the place and move back to Sale.
Your dad still had a job in Coventry in 1982?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.