24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Based on the performances so far, do we think Gvardiol alternates with Ake for the time being? (With Dias and Walker usually starting) And then when Stones comes back how does that change? Do we think long term they mold him into Stones?

There have been some complaints about him so far, but he’s still not playing in his most familiar position. Does he ever play as a CB on this team?

(New joiner here, looking for some place to chat with some nuance that isn’t all “Grealish out, Josko is the new Harry, sell Haaland” hah)

Based on the performances so far, do we think Gvardiol alternates with Ake for the time being? (With Dias and Walker usually starting) And then when Stones comes back how does that change? Do we think long term they mold him into Stones?

There have been some complaints about him so far, but he’s still not playing in his most familiar position. Does he ever play as a CB on this team?

(New joiner here, looking for some place to chat with some nuance that isn’t all “Grealish out, Josko is the new Harry, sell Haaland” hah)
Welcome to the forum. Anyway, I think the majority of people here agree that he has been excellent so far. He is only getting started and still trying to learn the system, but overall, he has been outstanding both offensively and defensively. We are yet to see more of his KDBesque passing, but he should have had an assist already in his most recent performance against West Ham. I think he will get a chance in the Stones role sooner rather than later, but his offensive capabilities mean he could remain at left-back for the time being as well. The boy has so much potential, so it's exciting to see what Pep does with him.

who`s been complaining about him mate?

Ehh, mostly match day threads on Twitter/IG/some forums. I think there is always increased scrutiny on a player that was $$$. And I know I should take those comments with a grain of salt. (I’ve always been a podcast listener/article reader but had stayed away from match day stuff until recently!)

My 9 yo is obsessed with Gvardiol (I think because he looked cool in the mask durinf the WC), so I have a soft spot for him and want him to succeed!

His passing was pretty poor at LB. He understandably looked much better when he shifted into a more central position, I thought.

His passing was pretty poor at LB. He understandably looked much better when he shifted into a more central position, I thought.
Very sloppy in the first half.

how was he sloppy and bad at passing in the first half? he literally had 2 inaccurate passes in the first half. 69 touches, 56/58, 97% accurate passes.

do you literally require 100% accuracy to be satisfied?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.