25 | Manuel Akanji - 2023/24

was kind of my scapegoat last season and I’ve no idea why but I have to say I was totally wrong and I must say he has almost became my favourite player love everything about his game and I also think his technical ability has gotten better

I’ve noticed that he plays sublime on the left side, be it cb or lb which he’s done in the past.
Not to say he hasn’t had good performances on the right but if it’s not broken, don’t fix it Pep. If Ake needs a rest, I’d say he carries on in the position he played today.

Should be proud of how he played today.

I’ve noticed that he plays sublime on the left side, be it cb or lb which he’s done in the past.
Not to say he hasn’t had good performances on the right but if it’s not broken, don’t fix it Pep. If Ake needs a rest, I’d say he carries on in the position he played today.

Should be proud of how he played today.
Where he plays is dependent on where his pace is needed. They had a threat In behind, walker had the right side covered so he played lcb and covered that area. If they didn't have a pacy front line, 9 times out of 10 he plays rcb and Dias lcb. Sandwiching Dias/stones with pure pace is very effective in combating pace. Suspect pep will do the same against arsenal.

Where he plays is dependent on where his pace is needed. They had a threat In behind, walker had the right side covered so he played lcb and covered that area. If they didn't have a pacy front line, 9 times out of 10 he plays rcb and Dias lcb. Sandwiching Dias/stones with pure pace is very effective in combating pace. Suspect pep will do the same against arsenal.
This is true but outside of that, just feels like he thrives better on the left hand side. Don’t mind me, just an eye test really. No fact behind it.

Regardless, I do hope the same as you mentioned re Arsenal. Love for Ake to also pocket Saka.

Not to say he hasn’t had good performances on the right but

Akanji played at RB vs Bayern and was generally great there.

That's the thing with him, and why Pep relies on him: he's our most versatile defender. Walker can't play on the left, Ake can't play on the right. Akanji can play every role across the defensive line. Plus, his passing is more than decent. He completed 63/63 passes in the final 3rd vs Brentford: best stat among defensive players in the big leagues since 2015 or something.

Akanji played at RB vs Bayern and was generally great there.

That's the thing with him, and why Pep relies on him: he's our most versatile defender. Walker can't play on the left, Ake can't play on the right. Akanji can play every role across the defensive line. Plus, his passing is more than decent. He completed 63/63 passes in the final 3rd vs Brentford: best stat among defensive players in the big leagues since 2015 or something.
Oh I agree with you. I like what he brings to the team.

His versatility is a massive bonus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.