25 | Manuel Akanji - 2023/24

Should have done better for the second and could have been sent off on a second yellow. Still a decent performance

Played well. Bit of a tightrope second half but got through. I'd be fitting him in somewhere for the return leg even if walker is back.

I thought he was poor for their second goal as too far forward. I didn’t think it was one of his better games but out of position against a good side and it’s going to be hard.

I thought he was poor for their second goal as too far forward. I didn’t think it was one of his better games but out of position against a good side and it’s going to be hard.
For the second goal, i thought he did the hard part in getting back goal side of the scorer but once he got there, he didn't make a challenge or a block

Last night I thought he looked as fast as Walker. I love when he basically backs over players and puts them on the ground - which he did quite a few times last night.

Played well but should have been so much more turned on for their second, that said his pace just about made up for it and was unlucky it took a deflection. Would walker have done any better with that these days? Maybe we find out on wednesday
I agree lazy media making out Walker never makes mistakes or gives people 10 yards based on last season. Plenty of goals have down his side. Akanji got back well with his pace and was unlucky with the deflection trickling in

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.