27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

People say hes a 'ball carrier' which is completely irrelevant when his career stats back up theres absolutely no end product to his game.
Its a good job that ball carriers aren't expected to have any end product to their game then isnt it. Otherwise they wouldn't be known as ball carriers.

Dumbfounded why we didnt move for someone like Maddison for £40m over him who would have offered more competition to the established staters and would have also been a much better option to change a game off the bench which yesterday was crying out for.

It still astounds me that more clubs weren't fighting to get Maddison when he was available for £40m, yet they'll spend more on Nunes, Mount etc.

have to say the next step in his career after Wolves should have been something like Newcastle or West Ham. and then if he outperforms that level maybe a jump to a top club.

same for Phillips really.

Nowhere near good enough for City and the rags are just stupid.

The only player that had more assists in the league in the last 3 seasons was De Bruyne, and Maddison was playing for a relegation bound side in that time.

Currently near the top of the assists for this season despite having a few months out. Got more than Foden, Bernado etc..

We could do a lot worse than Maddison.

The only player that had more assists in the league in the last 3 seasons was De Bruyne, and Maddison was playing for a relegation bound side in that time.

Currently near the top of the assists for this season despite having a few months out. Got more than Foden, Bernado etc..

We could do a lot worse than Maddison.
Well its a good job that getting a load of assists isn't everything then!

Nearly £100mill blown on Nunes and Phillips. Txiki is human after all.

Not for me. Anyway, It isn't a comparison though is it. Completely different players.
Completely different how? Because one has end product and the other doesn't?
The positions Nunes has played so far for city would have suited Maddison down to the ground and I'm certain he'd have had much more of an impact. I'd say its quite telling that hes had zero minutes against United, Liverpool and Arsenal as to what pep thinks he can offer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.