31 academy graduates

ArabFan12 said:
Apparently our U16 is the real deal.

Have we got some names to look out for? I think the only one I know at this level is Harry Bunn. Is he even U16's or is he older?

No academy graduate should be classed as making it at first team level until they have played at least 10 first team games, as someone has said the majority of those 31 played 1game if that and under that criteria I bet most clubs academies could show the same kind of results when it comes to players making the first team

ArabFan12 said:
point taken, but all I am saying is that sometimes our Academy proudly expresses how it generated 33 players but only half a dozen genuinely contributed to where we are.

It seems to me sometimes that they are interested in the statistic rather than the actual impact.

But point taken half a dozen should be commended, but the majority are just championship, league 1 quality.

The future of the academy is more impressive than the past.

34 introduced THROUGH THE RANKS can any other club match this and still some have to find fault

msl said:
ArabFan12 said:

Have we got some names to look out for? I think the only one I know at this level is Harry Bunn. Is he even U16's or is he older?

Harry Bunn is under 18.Yes there are some good lads in the under 16 side-I have seen them 3 times so farthis year.Quite a few of them played under age last year as well.One has played in the under 16s since he was 13.

stockportblue said:
msl said:

Harry Bunn is under 18.Yes there are some good lads in the under 16 side-I have seen them 3 times so farthis year.Quite a few of them played under age last year as well.One has played in the under 16s since he was 13.

Cheers SB. I think I read on the FA website a while back that there were 3 City players in the latest U16's squad. The name Ellis Plumber rings a bell, is this the lad that's been playing at 16's since 13?

ArabFan12 said:
Yea but it doesn't amount to anything really.

This is always brought up but the fact is none of them are in our best starting 11 now.

Some of them were just fringe players and played for 5 mins and we are supposed to say that they made it.

If you look at the list, you can only point out just 3 or 4 players who remained in the PL and the rest are just in Championship standard and below.

how can you say theres only 3 0r 4 who are in premier league. We have that many at city and theres a few at decent championship clubs.

if you want something that will take over your day, name the 15 full internationals that have come through our academy, note not all have played first team football for city

MCRJON said:
if you want something that will take over your day, name the 15 full internationals that have come through our academy, note not all have played first team football for city
richards
swp
ireland
killen
onouha?
weiss
cunningham
evans
whelan
barton

thats all i can think of so far is guidetti one?

yorks blue said:
MCRJON said:
richards
swp
ireland
killen
onouha?
weiss
cunningham
evans
whelan
barton

thats all i can think of so far is guidetti one?

Dickson Etuhu for Nigeria
Kieran Westwood for Rep of Ireland

Guidetti hasn't played at full international yet.

There is no doubt it is important for the academy to put players through the ranks. But we can neglect that none of our starting 11 are Academy products.

OK 34 Academy players came through the ranks but out these 34 we have certain names like Logan, Williamson, D'Lareyea, Elliot, Whelan, Tyronne Mears, Killen, Leon Mike, Chris Shuker, Dunfield who came on for a few minutes.

But now we have an Academy on our hands. I think they will get a good experience at EDS before making their step up. The structure is great!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.