350 lashes for making wine. What sort of a God would want this?

Pam

This isn't an Islam thing, it's a religious thing. Why the holy f**k would Allah or Yahweh or Buddha or the flying spaghetti monster think it is appropriate to lock up a 74 year old man for a year and then whip him to death with 350 lashes for making home made wine. And I'm not interested in people arguing that he should have known it was Sharia law and bollocks like that because it isn't good enough. His poor family must be out of their minds. Here is a petition it takes ten seconds to sign, if you have the time and inclination to sigh.

https://www.change.org/p/david-came...er=37154795&rp_sharecordion_checklist=control

Last edited:
Hoping against hope that Cameron's quiet word make a difference.

Every person I know that lives in KSA brews their own beer and wine and/or drinks at the British forces bases there. That's why I think particular case is so fucking odd.

Hoping against hope that Cameron's quiet word make a difference.

Every person I know that lives in KSA brews their own beer and wine and/or drinks at the British forces bases there. That's why I think particular case is so fucking odd.
Should be a bloody loud word, if you ask me. It is not acceptable.

Should be a bloody loud word, if you ask me. It is not acceptable.
Sadly the Saudis are worth 10bn to the economy so it can't be that loud.

I'm not saying that's morally right, but you have to remember how many families are fed by that 10bn per year.

I have a lot of sympathy for the guy, honestly I do, and I've signed the petition.

But I'd be interested on hearing people's views if it was the other way around. I.e a Saudi coming over to England and committing a crime that he didn't know was against the law over here.

I doubt people would be so horrified by any potential charges etc then.

Admittedly the punishment is barbaric.

I have a lot of sympathy for the guy, honestly I do, and I've signed the petition.

But I'd be interested on hearing people's views if it was the other way around. I.e a Saudi coming over to England and committing a crime that he didn't know was against the law over here.

I doubt people would be so horrified by any potential charges etc then.

Admittedly the punishment is barbaric.
Because we don't give people 350 lashes. Not even for murder. It is just plain wrong and more should be made of it. If they were doing it in the name of anything but religion, the shit would hit the fan. Seems you can get away with all sorts if you do it in the name of a fucked up, invisible deity in the sky. It is medieval bullshit is what it is and people are terrified to call them on it. And they shouldn't be.

It's great you signed the petition, btw.

Last edited:
There is a reason i do not go to Saudi Arabia and it is because i like recreational drugs and alcohol. I agree it is well out of order but it is akin to stiking your head in a crocs mouth and wondering why it bit your head off.

He knew the score there so why tempt fate, as daft as teh law is their i have no sympathy for the thick old fuck tbh, his own fault so fuck him.

Because we don't give people 350 lashes. Not even for murder. It is just plain wrong.

But the Saudi's do, and it's their country. Having lived over there for 25 years, I'd have expected him to know that and it's common knowledge how Saudi Arabia treats criminals.

Saudi Arabia tend to turn a blind eye to a lot of alcohol consumption in ex pat camps across the country, so he must have known the risks in carrying it outside of them.

Thousands of Brits scream that our sentences are too lenient but then climb the moral high ground when things like this are reported.

There is a reason i do not go to Saudi Arabia and it is because i like recreational drugs and alcohol. I agree it is well out of order but it is akin to stiking your head in a crocs mouth and wondering why it bit your head off.

He knew the score there so why tempt fate, as daft as teh law is their i have no sympathy for the thick old fuck tbh, his own fault so fuck him.
I suppose he wouldn'thave expected 350 lashes and a twelve month prison sentence. And like I say, I don't care. It is an unacceptable and if it doesn't transcend international law, it ought to. It's a crime against humanity whatever way you slice it.

Harsh but fair. Lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.