350 lashes for making wine. What sort of a God would want this?

While this pensioner is threatened by lashes a 17 year old boy in Saudi Arabia has been sentenced to crucifixion and beheading.

A Saudi Arabian person has recently been appointed to chair a key UN human rights panel of experts.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-head-key-un-human-rights-panel-10509716.html

The boy actually has been sentenced to beheading followed by his headless body being crucified

Bit like what we used to do displaying heads of executed traitors on London bridges or left hanged corpses in metal cages swinging away pour encourager les Autres.

Accepting barbarism or torture for the reason that it's not on your doorstep, or because it's handed out by another human being (of which you have no control), is a bit of a cop out. Unless you're in favour of torture of course. You either agree with torture as a punishment or you don't. To say 'he knew what the punishment was, therefore it's o.k.' doesn't make much sense if you disagree with the punishment.

Accepting barbarism or torture for the reason that it's not on your doorstep, or because it's handed out by another human being (of which you have no control), is a bit of a cop out. Unless you're in favour of torture of course. You either agree with torture as a punishment or you don't. To say 'he knew what the punishment was, therefore it's o.k.' doesn't make much sense if you disagree with the punishment.
I find the sentence absurd and inhumane but the punishment was not carried out and there are far greater injustices in this world. I do think you should respect the laws of countries you visit though even where you disagree with them unless the law itself compels you to do something inhumane.

Yes but you could argue what happens to anyone in prison is a form of torture, it does result in significant mental and physical harm to many people.

The issue here is that he has been sentenced to 1 year (the lashes have not happened) for making an illegal drug, people get sentenced every day in the UK in every City and often for longer for making an illegal drug. It is an outcry out of proportion to the issue

Other things that have happened there are utterly outrageous and in a different league to this as an issue .

I would also say you can say that he is partly responsible and gets the punishment with open eyes as well as not agreeing with the punishment. If I got punished for doing 90mph in perfect conditions on An empty dry straight bit of motorway at 4 in the morning I might well think a punishment is harsh and I was doing nothing wrong but I wouldn't have a leg to stand on as I was knowingly breaking the law if I agree with it or not .

The boy actually has been sentenced to beheading followed by his headless body being crucified

Bit like what we used to do displaying heads of executed traitors on London bridges or left hanged corpses in metal cages swinging away pour encourager les Autres.
In the summer I went down London way and did the usual Tower of London tour and London Dungeons and did have to smile at how the very fact we did that stuff is now a tourist attraction whilst at the same time we slate ISIS and KSA for it.

When i bang on about the torture carried out by the US and UK it usually ends up with me being called a pinko lefty sandal eating liberal by the usual gobshites we have on here now. Strangely enough those same gobshites are all over this thread calling the the Saudis backward and barbaric. Fuckin do-gooders.

In the summer I went down London way and did the usual Tower of London tour and London Dungeons and did have to smile at how the very fact we did that stuff is now a tourist attraction whilst at the same time we slate ISIS and KSA for it.
slight difference though in today's modern society ! You know the rules in KSA and anyone that says they dont they are lairs, the locals invite you to chop chop square at weekend so you know the laws of the land. But still i think what they do is wrong but its their law. This country bleets on about people coming to our country and not living by our laws !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.