4th place....

Which team in recent years have earned a reputation for being strong finishers? I have a team in mind but I'm not really a stats wiz.

I think still being in 4 competitions is hurting us the most, and being in only 1 is absolutely helping LCFC.
I'm almost hoping for Chelsea to knock us out of FA, so we can just refocus our efforts (and our team health) on staying top (3) and advancing in CL.

Feb 21- lose at Stamford Bridge and be done with the FA. (with CL 3 days later in Ukraine...we should but the B squad out there anyway)
-the game also means a lot more to Chelsea, since CL isn't remotely realistic, and top 4 isn't going to happen either. Winning the FA would be a huge morale boost for them.
Feb 24- Win or at least draw at Dynamo K
Feb 28- Beat Liverpool at Wembley.

this happening sets us up for a huge push in March/April- focusing essentially 100% on the premiership.

Just gotta make sure we don't lose at home to the rags! I'm really fearing losing out on 4th it would be typical city! Unveils the best manager in world football to help them win the champions league then fail to qualify for it!

I think still being in 4 competitions is hurting us the most, and being in only 1 is absolutely helping LCFC.
I'm almost hoping for Chelsea to knock us out of FA, so we can just refocus our efforts (and our team health) on staying top (3) and advancing in CL.

Feb 21- lose at Stamford Bridge and be done with the FA. (with CL 3 days later in Ukraine...we should but the B squad out there anyway)
-the game also means a lot more to Chelsea, since CL isn't remotely realistic, and top 4 isn't going to happen either. Winning the FA would be a huge morale boost for them.
Feb 24- Win or at least draw at Dynamo K
Feb 28- Beat Liverpool at Wembley.

this happening sets us up for a huge push in March/April- focusing essentially 100% on the premiership.

To be honest it's the CO cup they should be taking least seriously. That one should be a Competition for our younger players to be given a chance in. That semi final in January has not only seemingly knackered the side after a very busy Xmas period but has also cost us KDB for 10 weeks.

Not only that we may now be forced to play a young an inexperienced player against Spurs when he could have had 4/5 games under his belt had Pellegrini gambled earlier in the season. Playing Silva in this competiton against Newcastle reserves at home cost us his services for weeks last year and it was totally avoidable.

Now that we are in the final, of course we should want to win it but it's the least important competiton of the lot. Maybe Pellegrini thinks its realistically his best chance of silverware but it lags way behind the prem and CL.

All these games have caught up with us and it's showing.

Cup competitions will still play a part in this. If Spurs go deep in UEFA cup it can have a negative effect, they are also in the FA Cup still too. Rags and Arsenal ditto although after Barca i would expect the FA CUP to be their distraction.

Leicester have nothing. They are on the same wave Liverpool rode with a fit team flying and no other distractions. Only pressure adn expectation can derail them and we'll see how they cope.

If we can win this weekend and keep within 3-6 points of the leaders, we go out of the FA cup and have the league cup behind us then the run in will become less busy and with hopefully kompany, nasri and some others coming back in we can have a strong finish. Or we could go belly up, but history would say we will probably have a strong finish

You know full well that they require progress but are not expecting the trophy this season. MP is not a clown and they are not idiotic, of course.
MP refuses to change set up/tactics based on opposition and personnel available worst manager we've had since Pearce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.