5 | John Stones - 2023/24

This thread is always dead until John gets any kind of injury then pages of it.

Its really annoying.

Also there is no reason whatsoever why he shouldn’t have played last night. He can play multiple games in a week, has done that many times.

Got fuck all to do with Southgate, he doesn't give a shit about what happens to Stones.
Southgate is there to do a job, so he picks the best players he has available and Stones is probably number one on that list. Not picking him to do City a favor isnt happening.

What pisses me off is why Stones himself didn't pull out. He knows what is at stake and played, its ridiculous.

Got fuck all to do with Southgate, he doesn't give a shit about what happens to Stones.
Southgate is there to do a job, so he picks the best players he has available and Stones is probably number one on that list. Not picking him to do City a favor isnt happening.

What pisses me off is why Stones himself didn't pull out. He knows what is at stake and played, its ridiculous.

I agree.

Southgate is doing his job at the end of the day. Why should he care about City.

Stones should have said to him before the call up he has had a tough time with injuries this season and is struggling to play 3 games a week. Can I just play one of the games and give Branthwaite a game in the other.

100% bang on. Stones made himself available, for a fucking meaningless friendly to collect another fucking cap. This is on Stones.

It's a pisser but at least Pep's plenty of time to make adjustments. This could've potentially happened 10mins in on Sunday. Causing a redirect, maybe unsettling the troops.
Happy with advance warning, myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.