5 | John Stones - 2023/24

John Stones's injury history from transfermarkt:

View attachment 98056View attachment 98057

Sorry I am new here so feel free to correct but how many players, in the world, are expected to play every game like John is?

City go deep in every single competition, as do the England national team (where he is first choice). There must be very few players who do that well. City have a small squad as well.

He hardly has any time of between seasons.

If he can be fit for 2/3 of the season at the later end then all good.

I think we just have to accept that he is an injury prone player and we just have to utilise him when he's available because he's brilliant. If he stays fit for quite a while then it's a bonus.

I'm sure the club look at ways to manage his training or the games he plays but I think with some players like Stones it's just a matter of when and not if they pick up another injury, no matter how you manage them.

Hopefully this injury is not as bad as we think because pep said it immediately after the match which could indicate they haven't really had that much time to assess it anyway

Absolutely. If he only plays half our games a season im not arsed, as long as they're the half that pushes us towards trophes, like last season which some people wanna forget weirdly. He's world class and loves it here.

We went through this with Kompany. You just enjoy him when he's around.

Thankfully these days we have 5 CB's that would play for any team in the world, so Stones' injuries arent' going to define our seasons like Vinny's did.

Stones injury record is a big reason Pep wanted Declan Rice i believe. That role is so crucial to how we play.

Major blow, as we’re a different team with him in. But a chance for someone else to step up.

We can cope without him but England can't. Need him fit for the Euros if we're to win it or come close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.