5 | John Stones - 2023/24

There was an instant pain reaction from Johnny after that tackle and it was weird he somehow carried on for a few more minutes. I guess it's January off for him.

Hasn't managed 40 games in a season since he was 23.

There's a lot worse things to be than Kompany 2.0 and we just need to build the squad so that we can deal with his absence when he's injured and enjoy his talent when he's fit.

He should be targetting hte late spring early summer every year. Be fit for the semi-finals and finals we get to, and for the international tournaments.

Hasn't managed 40 games in a season since he was 23.

There's a lot worse things to be than Kompany 2.0 and we just need to build the squad so that we can deal with his absence when he's injured and enjoy his talent when he's fit.

He should be targetting hte late spring early summer every year. Be fit for the semi-finals and finals we get to, and for the international tournaments.
It won't be a popular opinion but I think it might soon be time to sell John. It is not possible to carry someone who is constantly unfit due to rudimentary issues. I fear that it will really hurt us this season. Sadly he is a player whose absence is missed almost as much as Rodri. Fortunately for us Rodri like Ferno and Yaya before him is highly reliable. John is brilliant when around but far too often he is away on leave. Replacing him will not be easy however.

It won't be a popular opinion but I think it might soon be time to sell John. It is not possible to carry someone who is constantly unfit due to rudimentary issues. I fear that it will really hurt us this season. Sadly he is a player whose absence is missed almost as much as Rodri. Fortunately for us Rodri like Ferno and Yaya before him is highly reliable. John is brilliant when around but far too often he is away on leave. Replacing him will not be easy however.
What kind of logic is that? We really miss him when he's not available, so sell him?

Besides, who on earth would buy him? And why on earth would he want to leave?

It is not possible to carry someone who is constantly unfit due to rudimentary issues.

Says who?

We get a 25 man squad. Pep usually uses 20-23 spots.

We always have space to carry a couple of players, and when Stones walks into the first XI whenever fit, I can't think of any reason to sell him.

It’s a fucking nonsense opinion that’s why it’s not popular.

Or we could just sign another player given there is loads of space in our squad? lol

He’s just half a player to us; a secondary squad member. Not someone you could ever plan the team around but one you have to plan to cover. A pity but that’s the way it is.

Worth selling? Probably not. His transfer fee has been written off so we only have to cover his wages.

He’s just half a player to us; a secondary squad member. Not someone you could ever plan the team around but one you have to plan to cover. A pity but that’s the way it is.

Worth selling? Probably not. His transfer fee has been written off so we only have to cover his wages.
There's no way he's half a player.

Even with his injuries, he's playing two-thirds of the minutes of some of our most used players - he's 12/13th most used player most seasons. Look at a player like Diogo Jota - he's been unable to start the best part of 100 games in just three seasons at Liverpool. Stones, might pick up regular knocks, but he's nowhere near being that level of injury prone.

There's also a strong argument that he's been our best defender for the past four seasons. As you say, his fee is now paid off. So long as we have a group of Centre Backs who are generally fit, then it's a no-brainer to keep him.

He makes us better when he's fit, and he's fit for the majority of every season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.