5 | John Stones - 2023/24

Look at how the ‘66 players have been held. All players would want that after they‘ve finished, especially when they’ve won every club trophy going.

I don’t think it’s that much of a controversial take. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to win the treble again either.

Most of england based club fans couldn't wrap their head that the players especially outside England in some cases have more pride playing for their country rather than the club itself. You can see many of players answer that they wants to win a world cup for their country rather than winning 5 CL for consecutive seasons for their club when given that kind of questions.

Be interesting to find out what conversations were had between player/City and Southgate prior to these games.
We all know he shouldn’t have been involved in the second game.
Just be nice to get some clarification before we all hang Stones out to dry.
Southgate’s excuse of other teams playing their stars kind of sums the man’s ineptitude up.

Fair enough. Most players see int differently, I guess, but can see your point of view.
I know people will roll their eyes at this, but I think of my teenage son who plays baseball in the US. He plays on a “club” team that he tried out for and we pay for and has professional coaches. It’s a better team/league and overall better in most every way. He also plays on a town all star team with volunteer coaches that isn’t remotely as good as the club team. Yet, all of his town teammates love when they “return” to the town team. Those are the friends they’ve grown up with, who know them and value them no matter what. Obviously not exactly a similar situation, but I always think it has some parallels to club vs country in Europe. As a parent, the club is so much better, but as a player he always has a soft spot for that town team.

Be interesting to find out what conversations were had between player/City and Southgate prior to these games.
We all know he shouldn’t have been involved in the second game.
Just be nice to get some clarification before we all hang Stones out to dry.
Southgate’s excuse of other teams playing their stars kind of sums the man’s ineptitude up.
Thank you. It would be good, but won’t happen as the club and John Stones would not disrespect the England set up I guess. However it doesn’t, in my humble opinion, do us as fans any good to disrespect John Stones without knowing how he feels or what he has to say. JMHO

Yes I know defending John Stones again but someone has to. :-)

Rodri came 3 years after Stones and has more PL games than Stones...

We shouldn't have allowed Stones to start two games for England in 3 days, given our schedule after the international break: 4 games in 10 days. This negligence could cost us the season.

Thank you. It would be good, but won’t happen as the club and John Stones would not disrespect the England set up I guess. However it doesn’t, in my humble opinion, do us as fans any good to disrespect John Stones without knowing how he feels or what he has to say. JMHO

Yes I know defending John Stones again but someone has to. :-)
I don’t blame either Stones or Southgate. Whatever we all think of Southgate, he is the England manager, he will pick who he thinks is best for the game ahead and if Stones has made himself available for the game then that’s that. For Stones, if he wants to play every game he can, be it for his club or his country, ask most young boys who become footballers, to play for their country must make them and their parents/family so proud. Again, I’ll say, unfortunately he gets injured quite a lot and yet again he seemed to get injured while playing for England, overstretching trying to redeem an uncontrolled ball. $hit happens and it’s happened to John Stones again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.