6 | Nathan Ake - 2023/24

Is he really to blame for the ball deflecting off him into the net against Arsenal?
Also a player going right through the back of him to get the ball for the Spurs equaliser, I still have no idea why that wasn’t chalked off for a foul on Ake.

If fit, he needs to be in the team every match from now, he put in the most passes, defended well, and by far our most solid defender this season. He sometimes gets caught at left back by fast wingers, but generally he has been our best defender this season, closely followed by Akanji, but Akanji does seem to have the occasional lapse, like Dias, who to date I rated as our best central defender. We need to work on the right though, Kyle isn’t quite as fast now, so we need to find a successor before much longer

Was really chuffed to see him get the armband, I know he was bournemouth captain but I think that's the first time he's worn it as a blue and thoroughly deserved.

a natural leader by example, expect him to make the captains group when there's a few departures.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.