8 points clear

Len-Goodman-Main.jpg

There are two key things this season now : how long this winning run lasts for (we are approaching 1/3 of the season, if we surpass 1/2 of the season like this the title race is over) and what happens after the winning sequence ends (do we fall apart a bit like last season (and the 2011-12 title-winning season if I remember rightly) or do bounce back and start a new long-winning run).

I think in 2017 and 2012 we lost our way after teams learnt how to deal with us, the thing that is exciting me is NO ONE has an answer to us. If this continues some teams will stop bothering and concentrate on their games against relegation avoiding/Europe chasing competitors.

I'm so glad we have this 8 point cushion at the moment as all the experts are saying we won't win a game when all the bad weather comes. None of our guys have ever won a match in cold conditions you see.

Like most of us here I'm sure we won't be getting carried away, 8 points is great but it doesn't mean anything until business is done. I have faith Pep will keep the players heads down and that'll maintain the consistency with each game.

I think the only team to do any damage to us, will be us.

I was surprised we didn't rotate KDB/Sane/Raz today. We were out on our arse towards the end.

There are 4 players who are pivotal to this team. Delph. Sterling. Sane. KDB. They are almost impossible to drop currently and Delph in particular has no cover. There is a fatigue risk. The other 3 can be rotated but there will be drop off.

There are two key things this season now : how long this winning run lasts for (we are approaching 1/3 of the season, if we surpass 1/2 of the season like this the title race is over) and what happens after the winning sequence ends (do we fall apart a bit like last season (and the 2011-12 title-winning season if I remember rightly) or do bounce back and start a new long-winning run).

I think in 2017 and 2012 we lost our way after teams learnt how to deal with us, the thing that is exciting me is NO ONE has an answer to us. If this continues some teams will stop bothering and concentrate on their games against relegation avoiding/Europe chasing competitors.

So totally agree with the first part of this. We will lose a match at some point and I want to see how we handle that. If we keep our collective head together after dropping points, I will feel better. Sometimes I worry that this prolonged winning can be dangerous for just this reason - can we stay steady after losing? Many a team wins for a stretch and then loses, and then things get tough after the stumble.

Don't get me wrong. I don't see us entering some prolonged tailspin by any means. I think we're literally just to good for that. Still, how will we handle adversity once it arrives? Biggest thing for me is to remain a BLUE. None of this over-confident shit. Then we start sounding like you-know-who and I never EVER want to be like them.

Regardless, there were times today when we were running through them like a hot knife through butter and I was just sitting there shaking my head in disbelief. This wasn't Crewe - it was Arsenal. If our finishing had been more clinical, it would have been over by half time. This is certainly the best stretch of form I have likely ever seen from City. Long may it continue.

So - if this continues - will you feel like last year's growing pains under Pep were worth it? Silly question maybe but I keep thinking it.

We have to win our next 4 before the derby. Think it is Leicester, Huddersfield, saints and West Ham.

If we win the next 4 - 43 points. Will need 47 from 23 games. 15 wins 2 draws and 6 defeats. Just need to win the next 4 - possible.

We are giving ourselves more margin for error with each win.
Well at least, after the next four, we will be safe from relegation....target achieved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.