82 | Rico Lewis - 2023/24

I don't know what happened to him !

After he benched Walker & Cancelo and became 1st choice RB

Now he is 4th choice RB behind Walker, Akanji & Stones

If you ever thought he was first choice, you'll never understand.

He was selected ahead of the rest for many consecutive games in the past

Whether that was a punishment for the rest or not, at the end of the day he was the 1st choice during that period.

It's called "rotation", he still get games.

He's preferred as a player that can move into midfield when we need that, but he's not as good as John Stones doing that, not surprisingly given his lack of experience.

He was selected ahead of the rest for many consecutive games in the past

Whether that was a punishment for the rest or not, at the end of the day he was the 1st choice during that period.
Behave yourself. He was never 1st choice and he'll never make a living (anywhere) as a right back.
He's not slipped down the order because he was never ahead of those you've mentioned.
He's obviously an incredibly gifted player that is destined to play an attacking midfield role.

He played something like two games between mid-February - May in our run-in last season (before we won the title). He got more chances in the September 2022 - January period due to Cancelo's bad temperament off the pitch, not footballing ability, and he never really benched Walker. Stones/Akanji benched Walker.

Right now, I don't know where he fits. He is not a defender, and we have better options in midfield. He needs to develop his physical presence, pace, and strength if he wants anything more than being a versatile option off the bench. He hasn't really progressed since he broke through, so it's up to him to reach that next level.

He played something like two games between mid-February - May in our run-in last season (before we won the title). He got more chances in the September 2022 - January period due to Cancelo's bad temperament off the pitch, not footballing ability, and he never really benched Walker. Stones/Akanji benched Walker.

Right now, I don't know where he fits. He is not a defender, and we have better options in midfield. He needs to develop his physical presence, pace, and strength if he wants anything more than being a versatile option off the bench. He hasn't really progressed since he broke through, so it's up to him to reach that next level.
He's still part of ours and now England's squad, so he must've progressed.

He's still very young and still learning, so he just needs to be ready to contribute when and where he can.

The fact that Pep trusts him says a lot though.

To be fair he is only 18. When you aren’t playing regularly it’s very difficult to show any form. palmer was the same - he just needed game time

To be fair he is only 18. When you aren’t playing regularly it’s very difficult to show any form. palmer was the same - he just needed game time
Turned 19 in November, but of course, I agree. Long story short, time will tell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.