9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

We have to either revise our slow possession plodding game or just let Haaland go. The two are incompatible without the space Gundogan and Mahrez could create. We sure as hell haven't come close to replacing those two.

He was completely dominated again today, like in many other big games this season
I kind of agree but defender get away with so
Much cos he’s big. Gabriel had full grip of his shirt at the end. How isn’t that a penalty? “Oh he a big lad, that shouldn’t stop him.”
He should do better I agree but also he doesn’t get a fair shake of the stick

He was up against 2 brilliant center half’s today with little support up there with him.

We don’t utilise his runs as they are exceptional, nor do I ever expect us to do so really under Peps set up.

His support play isn’t the greatest though, neither is his strength in the air for his size, I imagine this will come in time.

Whatever the reason is for the decline in his effectiveness, eg teams style of play, injuries etc. This season against decent defences he is often not offering anything but perhaps creating space.

The concern is that without KDB in top form this will be the norm unless something changes .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.