9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

He's doing exactly what he did last season, except now he's getting no service

Haaland isn't the problem
I agree.
We all know his weaknesses, but as a team we don’t play to his strengths.
Get decent crosses in, play through balls for him to chase.
If he is man marked out of the game, which happens, get up there and support him.
Find the space or drag the defenders about to create some space.
Yeah he can do better but it’s certainly not all on him.

You can tell City have got the world’s best striker, and boyhood City fan, playing for them when you have so many of the blue moon massive queuing up to slag him off.

Top top blues. Every one of you. Top top blues.
Fucking hell, bring back Bob Taylor. He was shit and by supporting him I made myself look cool in the pub. Can’t be doing with this best striker in the world malarkey.
I preferred City when they were so shit that supporting them made me look, like, well cool and that.

Fucks sake.

A finer example of spoilt bastardry you will not see on this forum outside of this thread. Shameful.

People forget, even like tonight where he's done nothing, or it appears that way to dumb cunts, he ties up 2 defenders, stops them playing how they want through fear of what he will do if not controlled, which gives much more space to the rest of the team and allows us much of the control we so desire.

He just doesn’t suit our style of play, never has. Amazing finisher, mostly, but needs to do more in games.

So the year we brought him we finally win the CL and the treble and he scores that many goals and somehow he "doesn't suit our style of play"???

How on earth do you come to that nonsensical conclusion.

Some of the worst views I've ever witnessed in here and I've sadly spent a lot of time around dippers and rags.

How are apparent city fans still failing to see that we almost always use haaland as the decoy man in big games? He takes 2 men out of the game and creates space for the rest.

I wish pep would use him more sometimes but that isn't a Haaland issue, he's doing what Pep asks.

For those moaning about his workrate, you not remember him sprinting after vinicus to stop a very dangerous counter? He works, he's just not a 5ft 8 ball of energy that can get about, he's a man mountain that isn't built to be hustling.

One thing from tonight that confused me was when we did go long to Haaland, there wasn't a player within 30 yards of him, that's usually kdb, became pointless without anybody to play off him.

Last edited:
You can tell City have got the world’s best striker, and boyhood City fan, playing for them when you have so many of the blue moon massive queuing up to slag him off.

Top top blues. Every one of you. Top top blues.
Fucking hell, bring back Bob Taylor. He was shit and by supporting him I made myself look cool in the pub. Can’t be doing with this best striker in the world malarkey.
I preferred City when they were so shit that supporting them made me look, like, well cool and that.

Fucks sake.
Sorry mate I didn’t realise we could be critical on here.
you,re right Haaland was fucking outstanding again tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.