A big sorry to Mark Hughes

I'd say the absentees are trying to work out what he's done since the end of last season and now that deserves such praise?

The players arent coming because of hughes they are coming because of the money and hopefully the chance to win something.

My view has always been to give him a full summer to bring in new players and get rid of dead wood followed by a second year in charge. It was too much of a transition year last season to make reasonable conclusions as to his readiness for such a huge job. So he is still unproven, but the signings have been so far so good. He has no arguments left regarding lack of players, his own players, time in the job and so on. It's up to him now to prove his worth because if we are not comfortably in the top 6 then he will be out of a job this time next year.

Time for an appropriate oldie lol

Dontletthebastardsgrindyoudown.gif

wayne71 said:
I'd say the absentees are trying to work out what he's done since the end of last season and now that deserves such praise?

The players arent coming because of hughes they are coming because of the money and hopefully the chance to win something.
I would hazard a guess that 90% of all transfers are money motivated. So that's not really a valid argument for not backing our manager. Still, the absentees will never back Hughes anyway, even if we won the league.

I continuously said throughout the season that stability is key to a successful side, although it times it was hard to stand by that (Forest, Brighton, Fulham, etc) i'm glad the owners have thought similar and stuck by him. Im shocked too that hes managed to convince the likes of Tevez and Eto'o to even talk to us and the possibility of them signing for us is something quite unbelievable. My city heroes are the likes of Shaun Goater, Andy Morrison, Nick Weaver and no disrespect to those players in our history, the players that could be joining put us into a whole new league that us city fans have never ever seen before of could imagine. City Till I Die!!!!

jimharri said:
There's a few notable absentees on this thread!

To be fair jim, most of those you are on about were slated for not being prepared to give Hughes time. Perhaps, like me, they are just going to give him that time now that he has no excuses. Signings mean nothing (no matter how excitint they are) in the grand scheme of things, it's whether they can do the job over the course of next season that really matters.

ReVoRolla said:
my jury is still out on Hughes for the time being.

Signing players doesnt make a manager better, using them right does.

Agreed.

The team haven't played since the massive underachievement of last season.

Apologising to Hughes on the basis of who the club might sign is stupid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.