A reply to Mancini's MEN advert in La Gazzetta Dello Sport

Re: A reply to Mancini's MEN advert?

kenzie115 said:
Falastur said:
I'm doing a bit of shopping around. I know that Getty Images are a major licensed photo company - I think the BBC uses them, as well as a number of other major UK news sources. They have a load of images that could be used, and they have a licensing thing which lets you specify what you want to do with the image, where you would put it, how many people would see it etc and estimates a licensing cost. The one I ran just now estimates around £1,300 for a full-page newspaper ad for 1 million viewers in Italy.

Just as a rough idea.

Just so I fully understand, the £1300 is what we'd have to pay for the rights to the image, based on the fact it would be posted in an Italian newspaper?

I'd have thought La Gazzetta had more than a million readers?

I have no idea, I estimated. And Getty estimated I think the actual figure was £1,365 for usage but I guess it's subject to them having a final say.

I did try calling them up to see if I could sweet-talk them into waiving the fee in exchange for some kind of accreditation but their office isn't open :( I'm tempted to try The Press Association (another major media imagebank) but suspect the result would be the same.

Looking at Adam's twitter page, looks like he's intent on a free image anyway. I'm trying to find pictures on flickr that are free use, but not having any luck.

Edit: according to Wikipedia, Gazzetta's circulation is 368,000

Not sure if posted, but seem this posted on Twitter between Henry Winter and Tancredi Palmeri

Can't wait to see this, FORZA BOBBY!

Henry Winter: After Mancini's MEN 'grazie', some #mcfc fans discussing taking out an ad in @Gazzetta_it to thank Mancini. Great idea.

Tancredi Palmeri: @henrywinter already in charge, boss

Falastur said:
kenzie115 said:
Falastur said:
I'm doing a bit of shopping around. I know that Getty Images are a major licensed photo company - I think the BBC uses them, as well as a number of other major UK news sources. They have a load of images that could be used, and they have a licensing thing which lets you specify what you want to do with the image, where you would put it, how many people would see it etc and estimates a licensing cost. The one I ran just now estimates around £1,300 for a full-page newspaper ad for 1 million viewers in Italy.

Just as a rough idea.

Just so I fully understand, the £1300 is what we'd have to pay for the rights to the image, based on the fact it would be posted in an Italian newspaper?

I'd have thought La Gazzetta had more than a million readers?

I have no idea, I estimated. And Getty estimated I think the actual figure was £1,365 for usage but I guess it's subject to them having a final say.

I did try calling them up to see if I could sweet-talk them into waiving the fee in exchange for some kind of accreditation but their office isn't open :( I'm tempted to try The Press Association (another major media imagebank) but suspect the result would be the same.

Looking at Adam's twitter page, looks like he's intent on a free image anyway. I'm trying to find pictures on flickr that are free use, but not having any luck.

Edit: according to Wikipedia, Gazzetta's circulation is 368,000

I've just seen that circulation figure, thought it would be higher.

Someone's just sent him a link to the following webpage, which looks like it was put together by someone who may have the rights to the images he's used:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citmay12a.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citmay12a.htm</a>

BillyShears said:
Someone should get in touch with Kevin Cummins. He'll have City images and Mancini ones and he's devo'ed he's been sacked so will oblige no doubt.

Thanks Billy I've put Adam on to him, hope he picks up on it.

428097_4657970098254_231105234_n.jpg

this was done by some blue but who I don't know, not sure on the copyright issues as its reproduced from a getty image

but surely someone on here has a picture of bobboy (decent one) that they would let you use

Mikecini said:
BillyShears said:
Someone should get in touch with Kevin Cummins. He'll have City images and Mancini ones and he's devo'ed he's been sacked so will oblige no doubt.

Thanks Billy I've put Adam on to him, hope he picks up on it.

Think he has done, he's tweeted @KCMANC asking him to follow him so he can send him a message.<br /><br />-- Sat May 18, 2013 2:46 pm --<br /><br />
urban genie said:
428097_4657970098254_231105234_n.jpg

this was done by some blue but who I don't know, not sure on the copyright issues as its reproduced from a getty image

but surely someone on here has a picture of bobboy (decent one) that they would let you use

Think they're looking for an image of the fans, as it's a thank you from the fans, rather than one of Mancini.

re: Copyright. If you take an image that is copyrighted and modify it, it does not count as yours to use. You have to have the license to modify it.

kenzie115 said:

Someone's just sent him a link to the following webpage, which looks like it was put together by someone who may have the rights to the images he's used:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citmay12a.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citmay12a.htm</a>

Yeah I saw that. I've come across that website before and it looks as good a bet as any idea. If he can get in contact with the guy who runs it, it's probably the best we're going to get. I don't use twitter but I've just signed up and am blindly trying to work out how to send private messages to give Adam the alternative option. The one you linked is probably better though...

Falastur said:
re: Copyright. If you take an image that is copyrighted and modify it, it does not count as yours to use. You have to have the license to modify it.

kenzie115 said:

Yeah I saw that. I've come across that website before and it looks as good a bet as any idea. If he can get in contact with the guy who runs it, it's probably the best we're going to get. I don't use twitter but I've just signed up and am blindly trying to work out how to send private messages to give Adam the alternative option. The one you linked is probably better though...

On Twitter, to send private (direct) messages to one another, you have to follow him and he has to follow you. Compose a tweet with @adamkeyworth at the start, asking him to follow you and tell him you might have some useful information. Once he follows you can send him the info in a direct message.

Or you could email him: adamkeyworth@hotmail.co.uk

Think they're looking for an image of the fans, as it's a thank you from the fans, rather than one of Mancini.[/quote]

then surely all that needs to be done is that someone with a high powered camera tomorrow is take a decent picture of the ground in full chorus and as it's their own picture and if the club don't have a policy on personal images taken use that possibly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.