a secular society by 2030

A bit of a shame. Whilst I acknowledge the benefits of a more secular society and the evolution of any populace, British history and culture is heavily intertwined with Christianity and we'd lose a bit of that. However, as always we need to advance and the march of progress goes on.

SWP's back said:
Belief - theist
Not decided - agnostic
No belief - atheist

That's not quite a fair description about being agnostic. It's also for people who believe that we'll never truly know.

peoffrey said:
SWP's back said:
Belief - theist
Not decided - agnostic
No belief - atheist

That's not quite a fair description about being agnostic. It's also for people who believe that we'll never truly know.

It is a fair description as even theists and atheists know they will never "know".

i really don't understand why anyone really believes in that bollocks anyway,

brainwashed morons.

SWP's back said:
peoffrey said:
SWP's back said:
Belief - theist
Not decided - agnostic
No belief - atheist

It is a fair description as even theists and atheists know they will never "know".

Hmm think theists might argue with you there SWP's back, sounds like your talking about people who hold the position of agnostic theism......or even deism?? - complex stuff but very interesting :)

Are you talking about the word "know" as referring to having evidence or through having belief? Surely if theists know they will never know if god exists or not then their belief could not exist? Their belief must involve a feeling of certainty that god does indeed exist?

Tbf I think stockports the exception the amount of pregnant teenagers is astounding ( muslim society)

rickmcfc said:
.................and we think its bad now!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M27spDwM7zY&feature=related[/youtube]

in the future i see there being a struggle between athiesm and islam, whether that be violent or non-violent.

both are growing at huge rates, we just have to hope science progesses enough to back the athiest.

The Scarlet Pimpernel said:
SWP's back said:
peoffrey said:

Hmm think theists might argue with you there SWP's back, sounds like your talking about people who hold the position of agnostic theism......or even deism?? - complex stuff but very interesting :)

Are you talking about the word "know" as referring to having evidence or through having belief? Surely if theists know they will never know if god exists or not then their belief could not exist? Their belief must involve a feeling of certainty that god does indeed exist?
Theists can't "know" God exists as God doesn't exist!!

Anyway, mr summary was meant to be simple for our cage fighter friend that thought atheism was similar to a religion (as opposed to an absence in a belief)

Damocles said:
A bit of a shame. Whilst I acknowledge the benefits of a more secular society and the evolution of any populace, British history and culture is heavily intertwined with Christianity and we'd lose a bit of that. However, as always we need to advance and the march of progress goes on.

I think that overall the benefits of a secular society far outweigh losing the ability of the gullible to bind themselves to fairy stories.
Personally,I am reasonably sure that god does not exist.
And if he does,and is omnipotent and all powerful,then he is undoubtedly an evil ****.
And I would advocate killing him.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Damocles said:

I think that overall the benefits of a secular society far outweigh losing the ability of the gullible to bind themselves to fairy stories.
Personally,I am reasonably sure that god does not exist.
And if he does,and is omnipotent and all powerful,then he is undoubtedly an evil ****.
And I would advocate killing him.

your opinion mate, I do belive god exists. I found what you said pretty disrespectful joke or not. This is the problem with athiests there so rude :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.