Aaron Lennon detained under Mental Health Act

it reminds us that footballers are not just commodities. He never looked happy signing for Everton (remember that photo). We want them transferred to our club to improve our teams and them we criticise them when they (or their families) complain about being unhappy.

Do Everton (or Spurs) have some responsibility here?

Most likely to be unhappy, having all that fame and fortune from such a young age.

For me, my worst nightmare is being famous (imagine being recognised whilst wearing your onesie in a Tesco)

Constant Gutterpress harassment.

Rather have Anonymity, thanks :)

Many lads truly enjoy kicking a ball, and would do for nothing, and don't want fame... But it seems this goes hand in hand with the top level players.

My chosen modus operandi. Even though he fucked us a couple of times at Haringey, I hope he sorts himself out!

I think the money went to his head when he was young. Aaron and his mates giving it the big I am in the Orginal Oak in Headingley a few times. That said, maybe many of us would be like that with money thrown at us at a young age.

Also, a mates wife worked at Leeds when he was breaking through and he was mixing with an older crowd as the next big thing.

Anyway, I hope he makes a good recovery.

Most likely to be unhappy, having all that fame and fortune from such a young age.

For me, my worst nightmare is being famous (imagine being recognised whilst wearing your onesie in a Tesco)

Constant Gutterpress harassment.

Rather have Anonymity, thanks :)

Many lads truly enjoy kicking a ball, and would do for nothing, and don't want fame... But it seems this goes hand in hand with the top level players.
Agree entirely. Just look at how awkward Merlin and Kevin are when being interviewed. They just want to play football.

I've undergone CBT in the past year to help me with anxiety issues.

Although it has helped i still have some issues and i hope he can get all the help he can.

Don't want to sound controversial but would you all have the same level of sympathy if it was Rooney or Phil Jones ?

I make the point social media has given people the power to really make the most hurtful comments to those in the spot light, often wonder how the siblings of Maddie McCann will handle reading the amount of vile abuse there parents still get 10 years later.

I'm sure Aaron Lennon would have come across Social media trolls - I recall being at West Ham when Lennon was taking a corner and there's grown men foaming at the mouth calling him a c*nt , I'm sure 99% can take it but we're all human after all.

You always get some fuckwit saying that footballers arent allowed to be unhappy wih the money they're on... but the truth is, you never know what goes on inside someones head
Best wishes to aaron lennon.o

I think you have to be mentally strong to be famous, you only have to look at Stephen Ireland and Michael Johnson to see what it can do to you!

I couldn't imagine what being in the spot light day in, day out feels like... having everything you do/say ridiculed by the public and media.
As far as football goes I think there's an increasingly large amount of pressure on the English lads in this country to perform better than they're expected, and this can't be good.

It boils my piss when I hear members of my family say "the amount these footballers are getting they should get on with it, rugby players aren't this soft".... But there's a small portion of absolute fuck wits in my family so it doesn't surprise me.

Don't want to sound controversial but would you all have the same level of sympathy if it was Rooney or Phil Jones ?
Yep, I've had serious problems with stress before, it's a terrible thing to go through, wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope the lad gets the support he needs and comes through it OK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.