Academy/CFG Profit

It is obvious that The Academy is not just there to produce players for City, the aim is develop good all round people who get a good education in footballer, life skills and academia that will earn a good living in the profession. See it as a top school that we have first choice of the best pupils The bonus is that it also pays for itself and helps fund the transfer kitty
100%
Its a winner whichever way you look at it. For us, for football in general and most of all for the lads that are chosen to go through it.

It is obvious that The Academy is not just there to produce players for City, the aim is develop good all round people who get a good education in footballer, life skills and academia that will earn a good living in the profession. See it as a top school that we have first choice of the best pupils The bonus is that it also pays for itself and helps fund the transfer kitty
Spot on! As i said earlier, its a constant revenue stream for the club :-)

Spot on! As i said earlier, its a constant revenue stream for the club :-)
I wonder will it continue this good.
A lot of the players on that list are players that we would not have under the new rulings, re" European U18s.
I'm guessing all English clubs will now be concentrating in talent within their own location.
Evan Ferguson is probably the last irish youngster going directly to an English club and he only qualified via having dual nationality.

Were none of them good enough for the first team?
The fact that one is (Foden) and another has potential to be (Lewis) at a time when we’re the best team on the planet, is a remarkable achievement for the CFA.

The only other Academies that have two of its graduates in the best team in the world are Benfica and Dynamo Zagreb.

For most of our existence, even in quite recent years, Cole Palmer would have walked into our team and might well have become a City legend.

We are now operating at a different level. The highest. To move from our Academy to first-team regular you have to be a) extraordinarily talented and b) patient. Very few will meet both requirements.

Pep obviously sees Lewis as the dog's bollocks. But how many games has the lad had? Even he's a way off a first-team regular. He has the patience to wait and trust in the process because he knows Pep rates him. If you're rated by Pep, you're almost certainly a fucking exceptional player. (I say 'almost' because even Pep is only human.)

You'll probably know better than I do, but didn't we pay for some of those players, and some wouldn't have gone through the Academy at all?

Realise the title is Academy / CFG - and I'd imagine there are quite a lot of fees involved in the CFG ones. Also a lot of players we've bought that we lost money on. Wasn't there an article recently about how City were making money off players no one knew played for City (i.e. CFG), but at the end of the article it pointed out we'd made an overall loss on them?
It's a murky world. We do pay some big numbers and I'd guess most are not reported so impossible to say what the true profit would be.

That said most youth players are on very short contracts so the vast majority will be no fee or small fees / tribunal fees etc. And the rate at which we sell multi million pound youth players we must be comfortably in profit. Before you even think what a Phil Foden is worth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.