Adam Johnson guilty - 6 year sentence

Then there should be a review of sentencing to ensure they get a decent time like adam has,the public are always moaning that sentences aren't long enough,adam gets a decent one and there is an out cry
There's just not equality amongst the genders on this type of thing is all I'm saying.

Considering every female teacher fucking 13-15 year olds keep getting a slap on the wrist I hope they cut 5 years off. If we are being gender equal and fair.
Indeed we should be gender equal. Whats strange though is it only seems to be for this offence.
A recent report from the Prison Reform Trust has revealed the sharp disparity between male and female offenders. Women prisoners are twice as likely as men to have no previous convictions. As such, the vast majority of female inmates are imprisoned for non-violent, low-level crimes, with theft and handling offences being the main driver to custody. In short, women ultimately receive harsher treatment from the Criminal Justice System than men for equivalent crimes.

Indeed we should be gender equal. Whats strange though is it only seems to be for this offence.
A recent report from the Prison Reform Trust has revealed the sharp disparity between male and female offenders. Women prisoners are twice as likely as men to have no previous convictions. As such, the vast majority of female inmates are imprisoned for non-violent, low-level crimes, with theft and handling offences being the main driver to custody. In short, women ultimately receive harsher treatment from the Criminal Justice System than men for equivalent crimes.

Hmmmm. I would suggest, in the interest of balance that it might be worth reading the briefing paper prepared by Parity called "Men and Women in the criminal Justice System - Appraisal of Published Statistics" dated September 2013 which uses the published statistics to show a quite different picture.

To be fair, I think people need to stop buying into the feminist rationale that there has to be equality of outcome in everything.

Men and women are different.

An adult man diddling a 15 year girl is a different equation to an adult woman with a 15 year old boy.

I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with the latter, only that it's fair to believe that the latter is not an equal offence to the former for good reason.

That's not to give a green light to adult women who want to diddle young lads, but it's a fundamentally different equation IMO.

The only reason so many men take great offence to this example is because at the same time they see how aggressive many women, feminists, are in pursuing equality of outcome in every single facet of life. Not equality of opportunity, but equality of outcome.

So men see double standards like this and get uppity and kick off, when in actual fact they should be rejecting the notion that men and women are just clones with different genitals and that there aren't legitimate double standards in other facets of life.

Double standards exist.

The dumbest ones are the social ones around judgement/shame that are cited as grievous inequalities, for example promiscuity. There is a legitimate double standard there because male and female sexuality is not the same, and it's much easier for straight women to have casual sex as a result of that. For example, an average looking straight woman can walk into a bar and let it be known that she's up for a one night stand, and have several men figuratively or even literally scrapping over her. An average looking straight man who did the same would be laughed out of the place.

As a man you literally have to graft to get laid, some find it easier than others, but that's why it's a fundamentally different equation to female promiscuity. Where there has also been social shame tied to the risk of pregnancy etc.

Just think people have to reject the dogma that there can't be double standards, there are double standards, some are legitimate some aren't, some are literally innate and borne out of biology for Christ's sake.

Gone off on a bit of a tangent, but I see this a lot. A push back from men who are tired of hearing about double standards so they adopt the same kind of persecution narrative of feminists citing perceived grievances.

Just think people have to push back against that said dogma (that's not to say it's all illegitimate), rather than go the opposite way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.