Adblock

mancitypj

I'm hoping someone on here can help me. I had an Adblocker installed in my browser which I disabled for the 'old' Bluemoon site to allow ads. Everything was working perfectly but since we have the 'new' Bluemoon Site, I can't get rid of the red warning saying that I have an adblocker. I checked that it was still disabled and it was so I uninstalled it, flushed the cache, signed out and back in again, restarted the laptop ... still no joy. Every time I go on the site, I still get this warning saying I still have it installed. Can anyone help me get rid of it. By the way I'm not very computer savvy but any help would be welcome.

When you say flushed the cache, do you mean cleared your browsing history? When clearing the history/cache & cookies are you clearing from "The beginning of time" as Chrome terms it or the equivalent in any other browser?

I'm hoping someone on here can help me. I had an Adblocker installed in my browser which I disabled for the 'old' Bluemoon site to allow ads. Everything was working perfectly but since we have the 'new' Bluemoon Site, I can't get rid of the red warning saying that I have an adblocker. I checked that it was still disabled and it was so I uninstalled it, flushed the cache, signed out and back in again, restarted the laptop ... still no joy. Every time I go on the site, I still get this warning saying I still have it installed. Can anyone help me get rid of it. By the way I'm not very computer savvy but any help would be welcome.
I might be wrong, but I think you will have to separately add the forum to Adblock rather than just the main site, the new forum has a slightly different address in some cases, suggest you add the following and see if that works
Code:
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/
rather than
Code:
http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/
Then flush cache etc again, hope that works.

I might be wrong, but I think you will have to separately add the forum to Adblock rather than just the main site, the new forum has a slightly different address in some cases, suggest you add the following and see if that works
Code:
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/
rather than
Code:
http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/
Then flush cache etc again, hope that works.
I've actually uninstalled the adblocker now though and it's still showing the red warning sign. Shall I reinstall it and try it.

That sounds like a cache/cookie issue to me, if its disabled you should be seeing adverts.
I've cleared the Ca
That sounds like a cache/cookie issue to me, if its disabled you should be seeing adverts.
I've flushed the cache/cookies again but it's still there. Firefox is the same but chrome is the browser I always use.

When you say flushed the cache, do you mean cleared your browsing history? When clearing the history/cache & cookies are you clearing from "The beginning of time" as Chrome terms it or the equivalent in any other browser?

It was from the beginning of time.

When you cleared history were all the boxes ticked?

I would consider resetting your Chrome browser. Click on the 3 horizontal bars in the top right and select 'Settings'. Scroll all the way down and click on 'Show advanced settings' and then scroll down all the way again. Click on 'Reset settings' taking note of what it will change and then close it down and restart.

You are at home when this occurs and not at work?

When you cleared history were all the boxes ticked?

I would consider resetting your Chrome browser. Click on the 3 horizontal bars in the top right and select 'Settings'. Scroll all the way down and click on 'Show advanced settings' and then scroll down all the way again. Click on 'Reset settings' taking note of what it will change and then close it down and restart.

You are at home when this occurs and not at work?
I'm at home Colin. I'll try what you said and thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.