Aguero banned for three games (updated)

The issues is with the ref, the twat gave their left back three final warnings after an early booking for a block on Kev, he should have gone, with Kuns incident he's looking straight at the incident so must have seen it but either bottled it again or if he didn't he shouldn't be reffing at that standard. Once it goes to the FA the twat then says he didn't see it and would have sent him off if he had. Kun can't argue but Marriner should have given a red there and then. He obviously saw it but has tried to save face with the FA once is was reviewed. Christ he was only two yards away when it happened!

The issues is with the ref, the twat gave their left back three final warnings after an early booking for a block on Kev, he should have gone, with Kuns incident he's looking straight at the incident so must have seen it but either bottled it again or if he didn't he shouldn't be reffing at that standard. Once it goes to the FA the twat then says he didn't see it and would have sent him off if he had. Kun can't argue but Marriner should have given a red there and then. He obviously saw it but has tried to save face with the FA once is was reviewed. Christ he was only two yards away when it happened!
Maybe Marriner didn't book Kun on purpose knowing the retrospective ban is a much harder punishment than a booking. Spinning this though a bit further one could argue that booking the likes of Fellaini actually protects them from a real punishment. What Kun did or did not Fellaini must have done 50 times last season.

Maybe Marriner didn't book Kun on purpose knowing the retrospective ban is a much harder punishment than a booking. Spinning this though a bit further one could argue that booking the likes of Fellaini actually protects them from a real punishment. What Kun did or did not Fellaini must have done 50 times last season.
The thing is why would the ref book him . If everyone pretty much thinks its a red card offence he could of sent him off I dont think be too much argument from anyone really then its 3 game ban no arguments no hearings no fannying about.

He looked for it and then swung, the rule is intent isn't it and there was certainly intent there. We have seen it before with Kun that he has this in his locker when he isn't getting his own way. He will be banned and rightly so it is just frustrating the ref lied about it to save face however that was us looking for a loop hole for him to avoid getting punished for it. If any of us should be angry at anyone it should be Aguero, he could of been sent off stupidly in a game finely in the balance.

This isn't clear cut. It's not an off the ball incident where Aguero has tried to do his man. The ball is going into Aguero and he knows and is expecting the defender to come through him at challenge for the ball at head height. You can isolate any challenge in slow motion and show a foot, elbow or fist on a limb and it looks bad. In this case he didn't even contact Reid with the point of his elbow and yet it is this case that is being reviewed when there are players out there, and teams which play in a much more aggressive manner. That's very annoying.
I agree with you. Lots on here are saying he deserves a red for swinging his elbow and that there was deliberate intent. I don't see how anyone can tell intent in relation to most "on the ball" incidents. (Walking over to someone and thumping them is obvious intent but that's off the ball). And I think when an attacker and defender are jostling as a ball is dropping it's ok to swing arms once they are roughly at chest height. so I don't think he did anything too wrong.

If in the game the ref thought he swung too dangerously then I'd expect him to talk to him about it and if necessary book him for dangerous play or even send him off. But that's ok in the game because it's split second. But after the game at slow motion it all becomes ridiculous.

If there was more consistency about this I think we could all get used to it (including the players) but as it is imo it's a complete joke.

The charge will I believe be heard and decided by three ex referees, Will Kun and City know who these are? Two of these worthy gentleman have already said in public that he is guilty and should be banned, surely they cannot form part of the panel? Or am I being to naive!
Great question. I wonder if anyone here knows?

He looked for it and then swung, the rule is intent isn't it and there was certainly intent there. We have seen it before with Kun that he has this in his locker when he isn't getting his own way. He will be banned and rightly so it is just frustrating the ref lied about it to save face however that was us looking for a loop hole for him to avoid getting punished for it. If any of us should be angry at anyone it should be Aguero, he could of been sent off stupidly in a game finely in the balance.
2nd time in 5 years is not having something in his locker

You might just have something there mate. Bent as fcuk, the whole thing.

Do we know who's "reffing it" yet?

Mike Dean's the only one who isn't a rag sycophant, and always stands up to 'em, in my opinion, so I can't see him getting the gig.

Odds on we're gonna be stitched up by one of the usual suspects... Twatenberg, Akinson or Taylor

2nd time in 5 years is not having something in his locker

To be fair, I seem to remember a rather nasty challenge on a West Ham player last season. Can't remember who, can't remember when but he's definitely capable of these brief outbursts. Just wish he'd saved it for the derby.

Edit: it was on Noble the season before last.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.