Aguero injured

You can't go using words like 'phalanx' with me, I can't spell it, yet alone know what it means! :-D And yes, it's very difficult to acquire a top class centre forward, but I'd still like one.

I once drew a picture on the wall in the bogs at school, the teacher reported me to the headmaster for drawing a phalanx, but I told him I didn’t .... it was a cock !

I wasn't being confrontational pal,just confused, because it's what I said a few pages earlier but a few disagreed. My initial post was, 'This is why we need 3 centre forwards..'
no probs, let's hope we have sufficient ammo to smash Stoke tonight.

You can't go using words like 'phalanx' with me, I can't spell it, yet alone know what it means! :-D And yes, it's very difficult to acquire a top class centre forward, but I'd still like one.
Ha ha - that word always reminds me of the original "300 Spartans" film - it's when the Spartan soldiers put their shields up to form an impenetrable turtle shell to protect themselves. Of course, they all got killed, so it wasn't all that impenetrable...

United manage it. Now Sanchez has arrived, they have Lukaku, Sanchez, Rashford, Martial, Ibrahimovic, all world class players (so I've been told endlessly) who they have to keep happy. Mourinho is just a master man-manager and tactician though (so I've been told endlessly) and manages to maintain dressing room harmony and keep everyone happy, especially Pogba.
The thing is, the wider the net, the harder it is to play the Pep way. He wants a tight 17 man squad, which is why he likes to have versatility.

Would I like another world class striker! Of course! I’ll defer to Pep.

Oh, and I got the dripping sarcasm in your post. ;-)

Wouldn’t we all, but find me the player who fits in with Aguero and Jesus without a significant drop off, and I’ll let you know if I would pick them ahead of Silva, Silva, KDB, Sané, Sterling, Foden, Diaz in our attacking 5. Therein lies the problem!

Ha ha - that word always reminds me of the original "300 Spartans" film - it's when the Spartan soldiers put their shields up to form an impenetrable turtle shell to protect themselves. Of course, they all got killed, so it wasn't all that impenetrable...
Overwhelming numbers may have had something to do with it, but they fought like....well, Spartans! ;-)

The modern Phalanx:

image.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.