Alchemist

rick773

Anyone been there?worth it? From the drinking standpoint not food ,Anywhere better for that style of place? Like cocktails and shit or whatever.

go there once a week or as its close to work.
when are you looking to go? very different crowd during the week than at the weekend.

Was thinking of tomorrow kind of early, but if it'd make a big difference waiting until the weekend wouldn't be a big deal.

during the day / early evening its full of people from the surrounding offices (like myself).
i am led to believe that at the weekends it is full of vibrant trendy young things (not like myself but, my 25 year old gay hairdresser loves it).
does this help?

bluegirl74 said:
during the day / early evening its full of people from the surrounding offices (like myself).
i am led to believe that at the weekends it is full of vibrant trendy young things (not like myself but, my 25 year old gay hairdresser loves it).
does this help?

Unless you can put in a good word with your hairdresser , I'm good with the weekday crowd.

Thank you much

It's a cocktail bar really and its good to impress a girl. They have some good gimmicky cocktails there. And the bar staff are talented. The food is decent. Overall it's pricey and pretentious so not an every night place but worth a visit no doubt.

rick773 said:
bluegirl74 said:
does this help?

Unless you can put in a good word with your hairdresser , I'm good with the weekday crowd.

Thank you much

no problem. i like it actually as it serves good wines and interesting cocktails but i don't like it enough that i would queue to get in at the weekend. a wednesday or thursday evening when the immediate post-work crowd has died down is my favourite time to visit as its not too busy but still has a good atmosphere.

work round the corner from there,i go in most weeks foods good but pricey weekend crowds are a bit pretentious so stick to midweek

Go to the one nearer to Piccadilly, York Street i think it is, the cocktail staff are a lot better than the one on spinnigfields. I would also say avoid the weekend, full of knobheads

Been a couple of times on a weekend for a meal with Mrs TGR and our 19 yo teenage daughter who highly recommended it (and dragged us there!)

The bar area is pretty small overall so it gets busy / packed quickly & easily. However, decent atmostphere / ambiance in the place overall more than decent to be fair. The restaurant is also small and the tables are fairly close to each other. The food was pretty good and it wasn't a total rip off.
Overall I think you could do much worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.