Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

I've not had an alcohol free day since Lockdown started.I know I need to stop. I quite enjoy that fuzzy feeling after a few.

Going to try and stop after Boxing Day. Did it with smoking after 30 years; just stopped.

It's ingrained in me, have a few pints before the match. Another at half time. Etc etc

Last year was probably the best time to give up. We had won everything
Stopping smoking and stopping drinking are two different problems in my opinion. Especially nowadays where social smoking is nearly extinct and drinking alcohol is almost compulsory!! But if you want to stop, you can do it. Good luck to you and let us know how you get on.

I've not had an alcohol free day since Lockdown started.I know I need to stop. I quite enjoy that fuzzy feeling after a few.

Going to try and stop after Boxing Day. Did it with smoking after 30 years; just stopped.

It's ingrained in me, have a few pints before the match. Another at half time. Etc etc

No idea how much your consumption is but I would consult a professional first, rather than just stopping. Good luck to you Blue. And well done for quitting smoking.

If you have become physically dependent and need to stop drinking completely, stopping overnight could be harmful.

You should get advice about this and about any medicine you may need to do this safely.

The sorts of mild or moderate withdrawal symptoms that suggest you may need medicine include:

anxiety after waking
sweating and mild tremors
nausea or retching in the morning
vomiting

When I was last grilled by a health professional, I mentioned I drank roughly twenty units a week (ten pints of average strength beer) when it should have been fourteen.

Cold turkey may not be the best way forwards. Perhaps cut down more and more over time.

When I was last grilled by a health professional, I mentioned I drank roughly twenty units a week (ten pints of average strength beer) when it should have been fourteen.

Cold turkey may not be the best way forwards. Perhaps cut down more and more over time.
I probably average about the same but this time last year I went cold turkey, just fizzy water, did a month and you'll feel great after the first week.
It's good to have a break, I also did 3 weeks in October.
I'm starting again tomorrow and looking forward to it.

See my post above, give it a whirl, check some videos on YouTube to see the mental and physical benefits.

Had a few 0% Guiness yesterday made the dinner and was in the gym at 10pm haha had a good day tbh, might go out for a couple of pints later to watch Villa dick them red cunts we will see.

I probably average about the same but this time last year I went cold turkey, just fizzy water, did a month and you'll feel great after the first week.
It's good to have a break, I also did 3 weeks in October.
I'm starting again tomorrow and looking forward to it.
I think I’ll do Dry January.

t's ingrained in me, have a few pints before the match. Another at half time. Etc etc

I thought that too. But it’s just habitual and can easily be avoided. Good luck going forward .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.