Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Had a few 0% Guiness yesterday made the dinner and was in the gym at 10pm haha had a good day tbh, might go out for a couple of pints later to watch Villa dick them red cunts we will see.
I had a 4pack of Guinness 0.0. First time I've tried it and it's good. Full of flavour and ideal for xmas day.. Better than drinking pop all day.
Giving up alcohol, I missed a good pint of the Black Stuff. Obviously, it's missing that hit, but my brain thought it was the real thing on the first pint. I honestly felt a bit merry.

Also been on the Guinness 0.0 over Christmas, and discovered Beavertown laser crush which is a nice IPA. Certainly a long way advanced from the days of kaliber!

Am trying to double up on the no alcohol and pair it with getting back into fitness, I know it will give me a goal to aspire to and eventually, when you get that mindset, it's easier to put alcohol aside in favour of eating more clean. Will be 8 weeks for me on Monday, although I do fully intend to have a drink again every now and then once I've done 3 months. It's more to prove I can, and to kickstart a lifestyle shift.

I don't particularly need to quit drinking, more of a tune up, but it's also important to recognize that the same advice can be taken by anyone as a step to improve themselves regardless of what degree drinking affects your life. But I get it's easy to just hear noise when people say it, compared to the comfort of a nice sup whether it be whilst watching us play at home or in the pub, or socializing.

I think also, for me, seeing the mother in law succumb to dementia is playing a part, she's been told alcohol will bring it on faster and she still justifies a drink or two every few days, which seems fine until you realise the stakes, and all of a sudden she's asking the same question twenty times on Christmas Day and you have to patiently nod and smile back, thinking what will she be like next Christmas?

I've always hated the idea of dry January, being told what to do doesn't sit well with me.
I've even organised new years day parties to make the point.
However, I feel like I've been on the booze for weeks before and over Christmas so far and really need to sort that out, so need to do something.

I've always hated the idea of dry January, being told what to do doesn't sit well with me.
I've even organised new years day parties to make the point.
However, I feel like I've been on the booze for weeks before and over Christmas so far and really need to sort that out, so need to do something.
But nobody is telling you. It's your call.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.