Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been my motm twice if that helps.
I've had him down at least once as motm and close at other times. He's good at passing it out of defence and his cross field passes have given us another dimension but it's clear that when he's put under pressure defensively he struggles. That leads to an inconsistency of performance that you can't really have against the better teams. For that reason I'd go for Clichy at left back against Spurs, especially with the way the Korean lad's playing for them. Not sure Pep will see it that way though.

Re-watch the team as the second half starts. He's last out and looks a wreck. He then prcoeeds to lump the ball to Celtic under no pressure, then mis kick the ball. His head went unfortunately.

He's been really good. He was really not good yesterday. The mistake for the goal is ugly but that happens to defenders all the time. Happened to stones last match but we cleared the danger.

Our defense looked shaky but I was far more annoyed by Kolarov being so wasteful in possession. He was just dire trying to distribute. If we are going to play him in the middle and live with the mistakes then we need to gain the benefit of distribution

Every player is allowed to have a bad game. Last night Kolarov had one, what must not happen is it becomes 2, 3, 4, 27 bad games like he has in previous seasons.

Re-watch the team as the second half starts. He's last out and looks a wreck. He then prcoeeds to lump the ball to Celtic under no pressure, then mis kick the ball. His head went unfortunately.

It's understandable to some extent that his arse goes when thrown into a Champions League match in a big atmosphere, out of position. But he also got away with a lot of stuff at fullback v Swansea, due to the team covering it up, so we notice more the things he does, than the things he doesn't do.

Pep has managed to bring out all of his good points, same with Otamendi, but the other side is still there. It's just a question of whether we are good enough team, to get away with it, so the good outweighs the bad with those two.

But imo we should be looking for a replacement for both, long term.

Feel like hes had a bit of a Javi Garcia effect, hes been so poor in previous years that when he plays ok hes getting lauded as having a great game. Hes been ok at centre half but Stones should have been in last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.