Alex Grimaldo

not necessarily, could start next year with the 4 fullbacks being made up of : Maffeo, Bellerin, Angelino & Grimaldo - 4 young Spanish players. (counting Kolarov as a centre half nowadays)

although Robertson is a decent player, we are well past the 'decent player' mark now, we want potential 'world class players' something I don't think Robertson will be.

robertson is a better prospect than angelino or maffeo, with much more experience. hes proven himself at a good level. just my opinion of course but he is gonna be a top player. i also think kolarov is mainly a left back and its still gonna be his main position for us,.

besides no team has 11 world class players.

Last edited:
IMO you can't plan to start next season with the reserve players. It's up to them to show their abilities firstly. As for Grimaldo, he's already one of Benfica's best players, CL-level. Pep trained him in the past so knows him well. Angelino is nowhere near (yet). Maybe another loan will help him if he won't make a significant progress this season.
not necessarily, could start next year with the 4 fullbacks being made up of : Maffeo, Bellerin, Angelino & Grimaldo - 4 young Spanish players. (counting Kolarov as a centre half nowadays)

although Robertson is a decent player, we are well past the 'decent player' mark now, we want potential 'world class players' something I don't think Robertson will be.

Watching a Portuguese channel discussing football.
With the banner City attacks Benfica Grimaldo €60 million and Ederson €45 million

€60 mill for a left back fk me!!
€45 mill for a keeper!!

Sorry state is I've lived here 10yrs and haven't a clue what they are saying :-(

that would spell the end of angelino then ?? id personally go for someone like andrew robertson at hull, looks very promising.

i doubt it, pep has rotated his fullbacks well and most likely we will be in four competitions every year. there is plenty of game time

robertson is a better prospect than angelino or maffeo, with much more experience. hes proven himself at a good level. just my opinion of course but he is gonna be a top player. i also think kolarov is mainly a left back and its still gonna be his main position for us,.

besides no team has 11 world class players.
We could be the first ;-)

Portuguese paper Record saying Guardiola watched Grimaldo on Monday and suggests we could even open talks in January. Probably summer more realistic, but still, looks like RB and LB are our priority next summer and rightly so. 3 full backs out of contract + Kolarov having 1 yr left + all four are over 30 years old.
That was false from Portuguese press, they did that to increase his player reputation, but I like him, but not sure if enough for PL standard

Plays a lot like Angelino in an attacking sense. However, he seems to do not much defending, whereas Angelino can do some defending...and is £51 million pounds cheaper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.