Alex Sandro interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest worry we'd have would be finding a suitor for Kolarov, who surely there's no place for in our squad if we add a foreign left back.

Yeah, I don't think that's going to be easy unless he takes a big pay cut and obviously we only just gave him a big contract. Lazio are back in the Champions League, on the up etc. Maybe they could be persuaded to part with some of that extra money and bring back an old player. As I understand it, he's something of a hero in that part of Rome for playing a big part in some derby wins and a couple of trophies they picked up when he was there.

They're desperately trying to get him to sign a new contract, but at the same time they are being heavily linked with bringing Aly Cissokho back, which suggests they still think he might leave. They know how much they want for him and clearly are in contact with someone who is getting close enough to it to make them start looking for a replacement. (either that or they're bringing in Cissokho to play backup, but they already have a backup LB who I don't think has been linked with going anywhere)

Their backup leftback is absolutely horrendous.

Their backup leftback is absolutely horrendous.
I can't actually remember ever seeing him play tbh, he used to play for Roma and Real Sociedad, but he never gets a game at Porto, which would make replacing him a bit pointless. (he didn't play in the CL hammering against Bayern, I think he was injured)

I can't actually remember ever seeing him play tbh, he used to play for Roma and Real Sociedad, but he never gets a game at Porto, which would make replacing him a bit pointless. (he didn't play in the CL hammering against Bayern, I think he was injured)

I was on about the lad that played against Bayern, reckon Porto would have gone through that night with Danilo and Sandro available.

I was on about the lad that played against Bayern, reckon Porto would have gone through that night with Danilo and Sandro available.
Agreed, they ended up having to move around their entire defence and it all fell apart. I think Martins Indi was attempting to play LB in that game, to not much success. With Danilo and Alex Sandro they probably had the best all round fullback combination in world football imo, the step down to their backups was far too much for them to handle and it made life very easy for Bayern.

If we did sign Sandro then loaning out Kolarov would be the only option.

So much better than Kolarov.

10 months left on his contract, surely £20 million would seal this?

getting rid of Kolarov somehow is the biggest problem here I think

Given that there's only a month left of the transfer window, a loan would probably be the most likely option.

If the transfer window ends and our two lefts back are still Clichy and Kolarov, that's really poor from us and will prove costly.

This could be the signing that tips the league in our favour. Mysteriously injured from a Porto friendly. Could it happen? Surely Mancini would take Kolarov back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.