Alex Sandro

I'm surprised that Juve would sell so early on in his contract but if we are going above 50mil then how can they say no?

Juventus are not stupid though, €50m is comfortably world record money for fullback. They can get replacement for about €25m and use another €25m for another position as well.

Juventus while a big club, they have shown that if the money is right, they will do a deal.

Thing is, Juventus don't have to sell him, he's one of their core players and can easily play as their #1 left back for years to come. He's in his peak and they aren't desperate. All this Sandro talk and how they'd take the €50 just because it's a lot for a FB sounds like speculation based on assumptions of what Juventus may consider "a lot of money" for a full back rather than facts. Let's wait and see.

And yes, when the money was right they sold Pogba, but for a ridiculous fee over a €100m.

Thing is, Juventus don't have to sell him, he's one of their core players and can easily play as their #1 left back for years to come. He's in his peak and they aren't desperate. All this Sandro talk and how they'd take the €50 just because it's a lot for a FB sounds like speculation based on assumptions of what Juventus may consider "a lot of money" for a full back rather than facts. Let's wait and see.

And yes, when the money was right they sold Pogba, but for a ridiculous fee over a €100m.

€100m for what was seen as the best young midfield player in world football.

€50m for a left back is an incredibly hefty price.

It is a lot money for a FB. I'm just saying that we're going with too many assumptions like it's a done deal because it's a lot of money for a fullback in a normal day. They may choose to keep their core players who are still in their peak instead of cashing in and continue being successful because success brings money too. That gives them bargaining power. We don't know, so to me it's not a done deal. I'll wait and see.

Last edited:
I can't see it mate.

The market is insane but I still think the most any team would pay for a defender is £50m.
Put it this way,keepers have always been the cheapest.If united sell de Gea to Madrid,it'll be at least £60 million.

Why is it a lot for a fullback?

Not sure why a fullback isn't worth the same as a midfielder, winger or centre back, there's a very good argument to make that they're one of the most important positions on the pitch.

Our lack of good fullbacks is the single biggest thing stifling our attack, and the biggest liability in our defence....paying £42m for a 26 year old, world class player in that position is a bargain, the best £42m we would spend all summer.

You all feel like that's too much money for a fullback? Most Juve fans don't even want to sell him at that price or at any price really. That's how much they value him. Juventus will always be able to get a good replacement if they sell him but it can only be a downgrade. The only upgrade they can get is Marcelo, and they can't get Marcelo - hence why they don't want him to be sold. We should consider ourself lucky that we even have the chance to buy him. After years of watching the ineptitude of Clichna letting our team down over and over again, I'd be happy to pay 100M for him.

Looks like this will be a classic Txiki/ Spanish job of trying to get the player to force the move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.