Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems they want to take everyone on lol

They're effectively taking on the establisjed elite, La Liga & UEFA all at the same time.

To paraphrase a former colleague once remarked about another colleague (who was fired shortly afterwards by my morally corrupt employer) 'they seem to think that the fact that they're right will protect them'.

Meanwhile my guess is that City are waiting to see what happens with PSG in order to blow everyone away for Mbappe next close season.

Our French Crash Test Dummies, if you were.

Perhaps PSG are more prepared to take on the Uefa FFP ruling now that Platini has been removed and the rules have been bent to allow the Milan clubs to inject cash.
I believe ADUG thought long and hard before accepting their fine so with the owners of PSG maybe also having a political reason to take on any establishment maybe PSG feel they have little to lose by flouting unfair Financial Regulations.

A lot has changed since we and PSG were fined so perhaps they are no longer seen as newcomers and threats so maybe and its a big maybe PSG can get changes like the Milan teams did after all the price of players has risen alarmingly fueled largely by Sky and BT cash that French clubs do not share in when buying.

Last edited:
Perhaps PSG are more prepared to take on the Uefa FFP ruling now that Platini has been removed and the rules have been bent to allow the Milan clubs to inject cash.
I believe ADUG thought long and hard before accepting their fine so with the owners of PSG maybe also having a political reason to take on any establishment maybe PSG feel they have little to lose by flouting unfair Financial Regulations.

A lot has changed since we and PSG were fined so perhaps they are no longer seen as newcomers and threats so maybe and its a big maybe PSG can get changes like the Milan teams did.
There seems to be an assumption PSG have flouted FFP, we have no idea, they could easilly sell a couple of players like Di Maria, and have a net spend less than ours, wage wise a couple of players sold would be a big chunk of hos wages covered. Until next summer we will have no idea if they have flouted FFP and if they have whether they will gwt punished for it.

There seems to be an assumption PSG have flouted FFP, we have no idea, they could easilly sell a couple of players like Di Maria, and have a net spend less than ours, wage wise a couple of players sold would be a big chunk of hos wages covered. Until next summer we will have no idea if they have flouted FFP and if they have whether they will gwt punished for it.

Correct but as it stands there is a problem for them. As and when they sell it is likely the situation will change until then perhaps my post has some value or do you think that we should always wait for the full accounts to be published before any financial comment is made ?

Correct but as it stands there is a problem for them. As and when they sell it is likely the situation will change until then perhaps my post has some value or do you think that we should always wait for the full accounts to be published before any financial comment is made ?
Yes, it has some value but a lot of people are jumping to the conclusion PSG have flouted FFP , when in all likelihood their net spend this summer could end up being a lot less than our own. The end of the window would be a better time for us to judge whether they are taking on UEFA or just staying within the rules. There are plenty of other teams fans saying the same about our spending and questioning our FFP, when we know full well we are well within the FFP rules.

Yes.

How can you judge if you don't know the facts?

Yes.

How can you judge if you don't know the facts?

Apologies if you thought I was judging.

My financial knowledge is obviously much lower than yours so I may make the odd mistake. I intend to improve and hope that you will accept my sincere apologies for having a financial opinion when not having full access to the future facts.

Yes, it has some value but a lot of people are jumping to the conclusion PSG have flouted FFP , when in all likelihood their net spend this summer could end up being a lot less than our own. The end of the window would be a better time for us to judge whether they are taking on UEFA or just staying within the rules. There are plenty of other teams fans saying the same about our spending and questioning our FFP, when we know full well we are well within the FFP rules.

Thanks BP for that explanation.

If Arsenal do keep Sanchez, it's a purely football decision, they aren't thinking about the finances. They want to make the team as competitive as they can for this season, and rightly are wrongly, if they keep him its because they think this is the best way to do it.

When it comes to replacing him, there's different factors involved. Sometimes it's not a direct replacement, sometimes it's a different type of player, or perhaps strengthening different areas of the teams.

Also, the club's status comes into play. For £50M, Everton can sign Sigurdson. Meanwhile, City can sign Bernardo Silva for a similar amount.

There's lots of good players out there. For all the money that City have spent, they've built a top squad and even this summer hardly spent much more than £50M on a single player.

If Arsenal do keep Sanchez, it's a purely football decision, they aren't thinking about the finances. They want to make the team as competitive as they can for this season, and rightly are wrongly, if they keep him its because they think this is the best way to do it.

yep, agree. i think some of us have got a bit narky, because we (me included) assumed he'd be on his way here from the sounds earlier in the summer. fair fucks to arsenal for keeping and potentially missing out on a fee. a player is worth to a team whatever they value him at. people have laughed/had a go at us for spending 50m on a fullback, but in my view we needed him and he's well worth it. if arsenal think the same about sanchez, can't blame them and we just move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.