Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
any foreign club can agree a deal with sanchez in January to move for free at the end of his contract, so your scenario is fantasy

Yes but loads of clubs will want that. If any offer Arsenal money they will cash in. So anyone really wanting him will know how to get him.

Anyone willing to wait to get him for free is going to miss out here if there is any chance somebody will pay something.

We will see I guess. I will still not be surprised to see him sign a new deal.

As for him having a say in where he goes. Yes, of course. But it did not make a difference this Summer and Wenger will have to try to look as if he knew what he was doing.

To sell to City for £20 million will seem like genius by City and idiocy by Wenger so hard to see why he would be okay with that.
So why do think Sanchez would be happy to sign a new deal? What's in it for him?

Yes but loads of clubs will want that. If any offer Arsenal money they will cash in. So anyone really wanting him will know how to get him.

Anyone willing to wait to get him for free is going to miss out here if there is any chance somebody will pay something.
Again, you seem to be suggesting Sanchez doesn't have any choice but to go where Arsenal want him to

There are only two ways Arsenal can save face with this mess. They need to get Sanchez to sign a new one year deal on the agreement they will sell him if he does next Summer. Then they can get highest bid then or in January if a bid comes in above the minimum they agree with Sanchez they will accept.

Or he becomes the great player he can be, gets Arsenal firing and he is willing to push for CL with a deal that if they do he will sign a new contract then.

City will not get him next Summer on a free. Not going to happen. Arsenal will want money if he refuses to sign a new deal or agree to any arrangement behind the scenes.

So they will do a deal with any foreign club offering money in January which they will try to delay to Summer but accept at a pinch if they will not wait.

The only way City will sign Sanchez is if he does not get it together between now and January and City offer big. I said before the window closed we will not get him for less than £40 million in January. I stand by that. And I am not convinced they will sell at that if they get half that from, say, PSG or Bayern for an advance deal for June.

Getting £20 million and him gone to a foreign team will be a victory for Wegner in his current predicament.

To keep him with a PL rival City will need to offer not a lot less than they were willing to this Summer.

Am I missing something?

If they did buy him, they wouldn't let him stay at Arsenal till June. He either gets bought or waits it out for a free, I suspect his contract demands and sign-on fee will be the same demand regardless.

Reality is he turned down moves abroad in the hope of coming here, it would take a big change of heart or more likely us saying "not going to happen now" for him to change from that stance and pick another option, bought or free.

He will only move to a club that he wishes to join. Slavery died out with Wilberforce, and the practice of buying and selling of human beings became illegal. Buyers can buy out his contract but only if Sanchez agrees to it, and that will only happen if he has the larger part of his perceived value. If we had signed him last month, he would have had a healthy contract to his name but with his contract now running down and if his supposed value with a long contract being £50m, then no club will offer anything near that when they know he can walk away for free in the summer because clubs will know that Sanchez could pocket somewhere near that himself rather than Arsenal. It will all come down to whoever is prepared to offer him a suitable wage deal AND a signing on fee, and I'm sure that City will be quite competitive here.

He doesn't look too unhappy training with Le Arse today

He's a grown man and can't change his situation until winter. Why should he be unhappy? He's a passionate player and surely has some good friends in the squad. No reason to behave strange or play unhappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.