Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen Chile not going to the World Cup. Great news as it will be his first summer off in about five years and he’ll be nice and fresh for pre-season.

Hasn't set the world on fire but its hardly surprising.

In saying that he is just getting into some form as he his recent efforts against Brighton and in the internationals have shown.
Well that's a more reasonable post. I wake up to the news though that jesus scores two for Brazil and it just seems very odd that we're talking about signing a forward.

I look at our team now, and I'm thinking if we need any signings it's cover in defensive areas. For me Sanchez has been an outstanding forward, but he's lost a little bit of basic speed and is playing more and more in a withdrawn role - we do not need a player in the no. 10 role. Bernardo Silva, KDB, and David Silva have got that position sown up.

it worked out well for us in not signing him in the Summer. Some of us were never convinced by his signing last Summer, and temporary blip or not, it makes even less sense now.

Well that's a more reasonable post. I wake up to the news though that jesus scores two for Brazil and it just seems very odd that we're talking about signing a forward.

I look at our team now, and I'm thinking if we need any signings it's cover in defensive areas. For me Sanchez has been an outstanding forward, but he's lost a little bit of basic speed and is playing more and more in a withdrawn role - we do not need a player in the no. 10 role. Bernardo Silva, KDB, and David Silva have got that position sown up.

it worked out well for us in not signing him in the Summer. Some of us were never convinced by his signing last Summer, and temporary blip or not, it makes even less sense now.

We went into the Chelsea game without a striker on the bench. I don't understand why you think it's odd we need another forward.

Wonder if this helps us in January as Arsenal can't really hold him ransom without the World Cup? Still think it would be an incredible boost for us in the run in.

Sorry guys, need to agree with the bold Marv here, he's been nowhere near our best player so far this season, but to be fair there hasnt been any standout candidates. Probably Monreal or Kolosniac taking that mantle, going forward the rest seem to be chipping in rather than being in great form. Sanchez isnt even nominated for Player of the Month for September.

I think if anything the form of Sanchez (& Ozil) has shone a glimmer of hope that we might be able to cope ok without them both, & that it wouldn't be world ending without them like some would suggest. Might perhaps make it easier to do a deal in January rather than have to wait until the summer for you guys.

Sorry guys, need to agree with the bold Marv here, he's been nowhere near our best player so far this season, but to be fair there hasnt been any standout candidates. Probably Monreal or Kolosniac taking that mantle, going forward the rest seem to be chipping in rather than being in great form. Sanchez isnt even nominated for Player of the Month for September.

I think if anything the form of Sanchez (& Ozil) has shone a glimmer of hope that we might be able to cope ok without them both, & that it wouldn't be world ending without them like some would suggest. Might perhaps make it easier to do a deal in January rather than have to wait until the summer for you guys.
Forgive me for not being surprised an Arsenal fan would say that pal. I wouldn’t talk up my Mrs to my mates if she was involved in an affair and likely to leave me either.

I'm with you Marvin. Who drops out of our team to accommodate Sanchez? Add into the mix that he has a hissy fit if things don't go his way or the team aren't performing. Not convinced that we need him but I'm no Pep Guardiola.

What do we reckon the fee will be in January ?

I’d say here’s 10m you pasty faced twat ...

In euros of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.