Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
No brainer this lad. Title winning signing.

As people have said, any injury to Jesus and Aguero and we look a bit short again. People always tend to get carried away when everything is going rosy.

Sterling has played in 11 of our 13 games (whilst being suspended for one), Jesus has played in 12 out of 13, and Aguero has played in 9, while being out due to injury and also 29 years old. Sane has played in all 13 games. I think there's minutes for Sanchez available

I wouldn't touch him until Summer.

If he wants to come then, on a free, great.

But it screams Faustino Asprilla to me. We're far too good going forward to try add him into the mix in Jan. No need to upset the balance. He won't come for cameos either, so it's not like he'll be happy to be on the bench each week.

I wouldn't change a thing other than LB and support for Dinho. Look at it again in Summer.
totally agree.

to me the ONLY reason for a January move is we weaken a rival whilst keeping him away from another.

Not long now until we get him. Exciting times.

Is it that exciting?

Our 2 wingere have scored 16 goals already this season, the entire driving force behind needing Sanchez - the idea that Sané and Sterling won't deliver the goals to support the strikers - has disappeared.

We're just about balancing the playing time of the current 4, with Bernardo playing in those positions as well. If Sanchez comes in, it seems pretty inevitable someone will get unhappy and leave in the summer, and I prefer the 4 we have now to Sanchez.

It was an exciting idea in the summer but Sterling and Sané have made the jump up quicker than expected and are now at a level where they can realistically demand to start every week to continue their growth. They are no longer young players who could do with a world class player to take the pressure off for a year or two, they are on the verge of world class themselves, and won't reach that last level playing only 60% of games.

I'd be much more excited by the prospect of addressing a weakness and getting someone to rotate with fernandinho, or a CB to replace Mangala as a viable 3rd choice, or a LB so we aren't dependent on Delph.

If we do need another forward, we should be getting someone very young, or a veteran who knows they'll spend most of their time on the bench, but will still make an impact when needed.

No brainer, all the shite being spouted about upsetting players, absolute bollocks, we have 3 kids up front, their form will drop, it will be a miracle if it doesn't, we then need to take them out of the firing line, cue Sanchez...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.