Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows, neither of us know 100% do we, the fact remains regardless of the reasons we are signing someone in their worst form for a few years. If he played like this last season would we be in for him? Not sure, you can be unhappy about what has happened but it shouldn't affect your performance. Look at Aguero for example.
Neither of us know, but I'm not in the business of presupposing either as many on this thread are. How many times have we seen players given time off because they've suffered a bereavement? By your metric that player should still be OK to perform because he's still physically fit.

How many times have Mancini and Guardiola mentioned how important mentality is in football? If a persons state of mind is not right, rarely will you see them perform to their best....... that is unless you can prove different?

Sanchez's mentality is probably not right because of the huge disappointment he suffered in the summer. Are you seriously trying to claim he has no right to allow this to effect him? Could you help feeling a surge of grief if you lost someone close (heavens forbid)? Just imagine if this did happen and those around you started accusing you of downing tools, losing you ability overnight, being a malingerer, or deliberately not trying, how would you feel?

Sanchez has enough deposited in the bank for me to be excused if he's not feeling his usual perky self. Perhaps he just needs a change of scenery eh?

Last edited:
As for the fullbacks, I find it hard to believe Pep would have told them we could make do with the ones we had. It's more likely the board failed to deliver on that one surely?
I would say it was more like the board said to Pep: 'This is all you can have this season unfortunately. However, do the best you can with this lot and properly see how the land lies in the PL and what you need to correct it. THEN next summer Pep my boy, it's BONANZA time for you baby!' :-)

Last edited:
So you’re planning to go out of the CL in the round of 16 again?

We’d also played 9 more games by January 1st.

So 11 in total. Or nearly three additional months of Saturday Wednesday Saturday.
So @Tom_mcfc there you have your answer. I suppose this had no bearing on needing transfers either, ESPECIALLY as we had Dad's Army populating our defence with the effervescent Toure ahead of them forming a protective barrier.

We should probably sign another goalkeeper then, just in case Ederson gets injured. And another left back in case Delph gets injured. And another centre half in case Stones and Otamendi get injured. And definitely another DM in case Fernandinho gets injured.
You joke, but outside of Ederson, we should really sign the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.